From: Sheldonl on
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Veritas Cluster File
System. I have 5 machines that I need to deliver a clustered file
system to, however, Machines 1, 2, 3 need to see one clustered file
system and machines 3,4,5 need to see another clustered file system
(due to security.) Can I do that? Will all machines effectively be in
the same cluster?

Thanks,
Sheldon.
From: Daniel Brnak on
On Jun 8, 6:04 pm, Sheldonl <sheld...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has experience with Veritas Cluster File
> System. I have 5 machines that I need to deliver a clustered file
> system to, however, Machines 1, 2, 3 need to see one clustered file
> system and machines 3,4,5 need to see another clustered file system
> (due to security.) Can I do that? Will all machines effectively be in
> the same cluster?
>
> Thanks,
> Sheldon.

Hi,

you can have more than one shared disk group imported and more than
one cluster filesystem mounted on each system. For data reliability
every system in cluster needs to have configured same fencing disk
group, so all 5 machines will be part of one cluster. Then you can
import these shared disk groups on any system you want, so your setup
should be possible. I see two options:

1. create one shared disk group (vxdg -s), import it to all 5 servers,
make 2 volumes+vxfs filesystems on them, mount (–o cluster) one
filesystem on machines 1,2,3 and second on 3,4,5

2. create two shared disk groups, import one on machines 1,2,3 and
second on 3,4,5, then create one volume+vxfs filesystem on each of
these disk groups, mount filesystems

I would probably go for second option. Also please note, that vxfs
mount option "log" should be used with cluster file systems.

Regards,
Daniel