From: Boardy on
I've been asked to create a HowTo guide for resolving Solaris Network
issues and I've got most things covered, but I've absolutely no idea
which command I would run to determine whether or not my NIC is not
working because of a hardware fault, it's simply outside of my
experience as I've never had to deal with this. I'm guessing that
prtdiag -v, Slot + Status or fmadm would be good places to start but
other than that I'm stumped. All suggestions gratefully appreciated.
From: Cydrome Leader on
Boardy <jonathan.board(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've been asked to create a HowTo guide for resolving Solaris Network
> issues and I've got most things covered, but I've absolutely no idea
> which command I would run to determine whether or not my NIC is not
> working because of a hardware fault, it's simply outside of my
> experience as I've never had to deal with this. I'm guessing that
> prtdiag -v, Slot + Status or fmadm would be good places to start but
> other than that I'm stumped. All suggestions gratefully appreciated.

I tend to look at

netstat -i (error counters)
dladm show-dev (link info)