From: adirtymindisajoyforever on
Hi,

I used pkgask to record a response file but it doesn't do the job.
Looked in the man page of admin(4) but couldn't find anyting of use.

the system can't resolve the following question;

This package contains scripts which will be executed with super-user
permission during the process of installing this package.

Do you want to continue with the installation of <SUNWsneep> [y,n,?]

the recorded response file:
BASEDIR=/opt/SUNWsneep
ADDTOBIN=yes
ALTERNATEBIN=/usr/sbin
INSTALLPLUGIN=no

I added:

SETUID=nocheck
rscriptalt=root
action=nocheck

But it still doesn't work. What parameter am I missing?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-06-09 10:04:33 +0100, adirtymindisajoyforever said:

> Hi,
>
> I used pkgask to record a response file but it doesn't do the job.
> Looked in the man page of admin(4) but couldn't find anyting of use.
>
> the system can't resolve the following question;
>
> This package contains scripts which will be executed with super-user
> permission during the process of installing this package.
>
> Do you want to continue with the installation of <SUNWsneep> [y,n,?]
>
> the recorded response file:
> BASEDIR=/opt/SUNWsneep
> ADDTOBIN=yes
> ALTERNATEBIN=/usr/sbin
> INSTALLPLUGIN=no
>
> I added:
>
> SETUID=nocheck
> rscriptalt=root
> action=nocheck
>

> But it still doesn't work. What parameter am I missing?

I often install things this way:

yes | pkgadd -d /tmp/frob.pkg all

You might still want to use an admin file as well.

--
Chris

From: Philip Morten on
On 09/06/2010 10:04, adirtymindisajoyforever wrote:

> I added:
>
> SETUID=nocheck
> rscriptalt=root
> action=nocheck

These go in an admin file not the response file, you then do:
pkgadd -r <response_file> -a <admin_file> packagename

--
Philip Morten