First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Fresh install of Solaris 10u9 from running system, pfinstall?
Hi all. I have an E450 with a broken DVD -- apparently reads CD-ROM's OK, but I don't know if there are still CD-ROM images from the most current Solaris and I'm basically unwilling to do such an awful install anyway. Looking around for a way to use LiveUpgrade to do a fresh install, I've found that pfinstall ca... 11 May 2010 03:32
problem with networks setup on solaris 2.7
Recently got ss20, installed solaris 7 and have no network connection, the interface tests fine from the bios, but on boot I get Copyright (c) 1983-1999, Sun Microsystems, Inc. configuring network interfaces:ifconfig: andromeda: bad address le0. le0: No carrier - cable disconnected or hub link test disabled? ... 10 May 2010 22:07
How to make iso image?
Dear All Can you please let me know how to make iso image from the content of a CD on my Solaris8 server? Thank you ... 10 May 2010 14:19
New Solaris 10 Full Root Zone won't run normal install script
I've created a new Solaris 10 whole root zone twice now. Each time it appears to create the zone normally and it boots up, but when I run zconsole -C zone, I'm presented with a login prompt. I can login as root (without a password) and I get to a very bare system. Why won't it run the normal Solaris installation sc... 12 May 2010 23:39
What's this about sun/oracle type-7 keyboards being only PC layout? (soon?)
Hi, David Combs wrote: Heard a rumor that (a) sun no longer made type-6 keyboards, and (b) that soon the type-7 keyboards would all be of PC layout, ie with the control-key way down at the bottom, NOT adjacent to the "a". If that's true, how the heck are we to use either VI or EMACS (ie wit... 8 May 2010 05:47
Scriptable method to determine if user is local (/etc/passwd) user or LDAP user on Sol10 server
CKM <ckmehta(a)gmail.com> writes: Besides some grepping through /etc/passwd and assumptions of repository order in nsswitch.conf, is there any method to easily determine is a user is local vs LDAP? The ldaplist command is a pretty good start to tell me if a user is in LDAP, but it doesn't preclude a u... 7 May 2010 18:57
'lp' question
Please bear with the long intro for this. We have a system loaded with Solaris 10 / Update 3. Our 'lp' interface scripts are custom written to execute 'sftp' calls, and if that should fail, the script executes 'lp' again with the same options. User log files are owned by the invoking user. System log files are owne... 12 May 2010 11:21
ftp c++ client on solaris
Hello, I need to upload and download a file from my c++ application on solaris v10g, using ftp. Is any standard library available to do this? Else what is the most popular or widely used library to do this? regards, Ankit ... 7 May 2010 17:50
Testing post - IGNORE
Testing post - ignore - sorry. ... 7 May 2010 17:50
Test
Testing post. Sorry ... 7 May 2010 03:29