First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
zfs/zpool online subcommand hung the machine
greetings, i have a test v120 for a little while. so i can act w/ impunity. i'm using zfs on one or two things but i've never tested what happens during a failure so that's my project. installed solaris 10, using zfs for root file system. once i got up, i mirrored / to the second disk. halted, pulled secon... 15 Apr 2010 11:23
Solaris licensing after Oracle takeover
The current changes to the Solaris licensing terms seem to apply to new downloads done this month (is, after March 31st). What is not clear is whether these apply retrospectively to existing Solaris installations - what is the situation where someone has bought the Solaris 9 media kit a few years ago and instal... 16 Apr 2010 01:51
Trouble-shooting performance issue in Solaris 10 ***Beginner Question***
Dear Sir/Madam, Our Solaris 10 server has eight 2.16Gb single-threaded cpus and 40Gb memory. It's running Symantec/Veritas Storage Foundation for Oracle 4.1, Websphere 6.0.2, and Oracle 11G. The root disk is encapsulated and mirrored. We are getting user complaints of slowness at the server when running pro... 15 Apr 2010 18:05
modern firefox on Solaris 10
On the most recent version of Solaris 10 with the current patch for firefox installed, I have version 2.0.0.19 of the browser. Recently, I'm being told by some websites (e.g. youtube) that my browser is not supported anymore. Is there any chance that we will get a modern version of firefox from Oracle/Sun ... 14 Apr 2010 15:33
Services File
All, Is there a max number of enteries in the /etc/services file? I'm running Solaris 9 and I've added 3 enteries for my applications and it works for one but not all 3. Thanks ... 10 Apr 2010 13:30
Strange behaviour with sockets, SetSockOpt and Solaris 10
I all. We are having a huge problem trying to move from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10, specifically with the SetSockOpt function. One of our processes need a socket with a writing buffer of about 700.000 bytes, so it calls SetSockOpt for changing the SO_SNDBUF to 700.000; the function return 0 (no err), but success... 10 Apr 2010 19:01
Solaris on Intel - predefined macros
Hello All, Are there any predefined macros to diffirenciate between Solaris on SPARC and Solaris on Intel? Thank you, Alona ... 8 Apr 2010 16:18
ALL patches require a contract?
It appears that now all patches require a support contract. And at the moment there is no hard information on support contracts on the web other than the Oracle phone number that I can find. Yeah, there is page after page of marketing BS about how wonderful it is to have support, but no links I've found yet wit... 9 Apr 2010 00:10
sendmail patch changes
Just FYI: With today's new sendmail patches for Solaris 10 (142436-03/142437-03) there are two interesting changes. The sendmail service is now split into two services - smtp-sendmail and sendmail-client. So there's (at last) a clean separation between a local sendmail and one that listens to the SMTP port. ... 14 Apr 2010 22:16
problem with mirrored root
Hi, I have a problem with S10 1009 and seting up a mirrored root device. Initially I tried during install but one devcie failed after boot. Now I have tried adding but it comlains about EFI label, but I have set it to SMI label on both drives. What is the proper way to make c0t0d0s0 mirrored? ... 10 Apr 2010 06:56