First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Script running on various UNIX derivatives / Problem with SunOS
Hi NG, I am writing a script that runs on various UNIX derivatives. For every derivative, specific commands are executed. For Linux, AIX and HP-UX the script is running ok. The next derivative to be implemented is SunOS. SunOS comes up with the following problem: In order handle all the derivatives in ONE s... 19 May 2010 09:20
Max # of files allowed in directory under UFS & under VxFS (Veritas File System) in Solaris 10
On 18-May-2010, underh20 <underh20.scubadiving(a)gmail.com> wrote: What is the maximum number of files allowed in a directory under UFS in Solaris 10 ? It depends on the size of the file system as UFS uses inodes .. the bigger the file system, the larger the number of inodes available. You can check on the... 19 May 2010 19:23
Max # of files allowed in directory under UFS & under VxFS (Veritas File System) in Solaris 10
On 05/19/10 10:10 AM, underh20 wrote: Hello, What is the maximum number of files allowed in a directory under UFS in Solaris 10 ? It depends. What is the maximum number of files allowed in a directory under Veritas File System 5.0 in Solaris 10 ? Pass. I'd like to know where to locate thi... 18 May 2010 19:14
Max # of files allowed in directory under UFS & under VxFS (Veritas File System) in Solaris 10
Hello, What is the maximum number of files allowed in a directory under UFS in Solaris 10 ? What is the maximum number of files allowed in a directory under Veritas File System 5.0 in Solaris 10 ? I'd like to know where to locate this maximum number under UFS and Veritas File System 5.0 in Solaris 10. Is t... 19 May 2010 20:30
Building an Embedded Device/System? Tell VDC about your experiences for a chance to WIN!
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution suppliers. The research covers embedded software, hardware, tools, and development practices. Your thoughts will imp... 17 May 2010 16:53
Free Shell account and root access
I have setup a free shell account for people interested in learning solaris. This includes free root access on a non global whole root zone. To access the free account: telnet to trainingzone.getmyip.com login: solaris password: There is none, hit enter You may practice at this stage or for root access: t... 17 May 2010 14:38
patchadd rejects sun studio patches
Wow - I'm definitely going to try this! I'm having the same issue on a sparc. I will let you know if it works - thanks! --- frmsrcurl: http://compgroups.net/comp.unix.solaris/patchadd-rejects-sun-studio-patches ... 17 May 2010 13:31
Slow response times for telnet
When I telnet to my system running Solaris 10, I get very slow initial response times, and instead of the "login" prompt, the first prompt I see is "password", this password prompt comes after a lo-ong time.......I have to hit enter at that "password" prompt to get an "incorrect password" message and then revert to... 19 May 2010 13:47
solaris update8 causing SCR issues because of patch 118833-36
Seems when updating from update 7 to update 8, everything seems fine, but when we try from update 3 we have problems. My guess is that it is because SCR is not installed or has a pre-req. Also tried running update3 to update7 and then 8 but still a problem. See detail below. PATCH INSTALL Executing prePatch sc... 14 May 2010 18:19
detecting L1 data cache line size
Is anyone aware of a cross-architecture way to detect the size of an L1 data cache line size? Linux has "getconf LEVEL1_DCACHE_LINESIZE" Mac OS has "sysctl hw.cachelinesize" All I've found is a reference to "prtconf -v", but my output doesn't include anything about caches. I can use cpuid directly on x86, but ... 17 May 2010 09:06