From: Michael Laajanen on
Hi,

David Combs wrote:
> Heard a rumor that (a) sun no longer made type-6 keyboards, and
>
> (b) that soon the type-7 keyboards would all be of PC layout,
> ie with the control-key way down at the bottom, NOT adjacent
> to the "a".
>
> If that's true, how the heck are we to use either VI or EMACS
> (ie without having it hurt every time we used a control-char)?

Well you must be thinking of the US/Unix layout, there are many
different keyboard layouts and I think alot people is using
Emacs and vi no matter keyboard layout I have been using a Swedish keyboard
all my life without being to much hurt atleaset I think I am okey ;)

For instance having the | on the right side of left shift is great
compared to the US layout up on the right ;)

I like Larry Walls man perl comment

The Perl motto is "There's more than one way to do it."
Divining how many more is left as an exercise to the reader.

/michael