From: Dr. David Kirkby on
I need to arrange the purchase of a disk (probably 300 GB is the
largest) for a T5240. I can't however seem to find a parts list, and
so know what is the correct part number to order.

Can anyone show me where I can get a list of the parts for the T5240,
so can determine what disk drive to order?

Dave
From: Thommy M. on
On 2010-07-26 22:43, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> I need to arrange the purchase of a disk (probably 300 GB is the
> largest) for a T5240. I can't however seem to find a parts list, and
> so know what is the correct part number to order.
>
> Can anyone show me where I can get a list of the parts for the T5240,
> so can determine what disk drive to order?

From sunsolve.sun.com

540-7869 300GB - 10000 RPM SAS SFF Disk Assembly with 1 bracket and 1 of
the following disks:, RoHS:Y

From: Richard B. Gilbert on
Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> I need to arrange the purchase of a disk (probably 300 GB is the
> largest) for a T5240. I can't however seem to find a parts list, and
> so know what is the correct part number to order.
>
> Can anyone show me where I can get a list of the parts for the T5240,
> so can determine what disk drive to order?
>
> Dave

You might start by counting the number of pins on the ribbon cable that
connects the disk to the main board. Forty pins mean that the disk is
EIDE. Fifty or more pins mean strongly suggests SCSI (pronounced
"scuzzy"). Some recent drives have a fiber optic interface; I've never
seen one.

From: Andrew Gabriel on
In article <KaKdnb0ceZyR0NLRnZ2dnUVZ_sSdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88(a)comcast.net> writes:
> Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>> I need to arrange the purchase of a disk (probably 300 GB is the
>> largest) for a T5240. I can't however seem to find a parts list, and
>> so know what is the correct part number to order.
>>
>> Can anyone show me where I can get a list of the parts for the T5240,
>> so can determine what disk drive to order?
>>
>> Dave
>
> You might start by counting the number of pins on the ribbon cable that
> connects the disk to the main board. Forty pins mean that the disk is
> EIDE. Fifty or more pins mean strongly suggests SCSI (pronounced
> "scuzzy"). Some recent drives have a fiber optic interface; I've never
> seen one.

Those are all ancient.
Current systems take SAS and SATA drives, or in some cases,
FMODs (SSD JEDEC modules).

--
Andrew Gabriel
From: ITguy on
> I need to arrange the purchase of a disk (probably 300 GB is the
> largest) for a T5240. I can't however seem to find a parts list, and
> so know what is the correct part number to order.
>
> Can anyone show me where I can get a list of the parts for the T5240,
> so can determine what disk drive to order?

Go to Oracle's web site and follow the links to buy a new T5240. Once
you've selected your configuration, there's a button to email the
details out as a price quote. The part numbers of each component will
be in the quote, along with the price per unit.