From: Ian Collins on
On 08/ 9/10 02:40 PM, Adam Kellas wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2:11 pm, Adam Kellas<adam.kel...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I should try again and remove power from the extra
>> disk entirely, and will report back.
>
> Same delay without the extra disk, so that's not it.

Try booting under the kernel debugger and watch the kernel modules load.
That should show you where it's stalling.

In your grub menu, copy your regular boot option, give it a new title
and add " -kd" to the end of the "kernel$" line.

Select this option when you reboot and when you hit the [0]> prompt, type:

[0]> moddebug/W 80000000
[0]> :c

and you will see each module loading.

--