From: Neil Truby on
I've downloaded the latest gzip for SPARC Solaris, which pupports to have
the -rsyncable option.

But when we try to run it, it does't:

Does anyone have a version with which this option works pls?

Thanks
Neil

From: chuckers on
On Aug 12, 8:25 am, "Neil Truby" <neil.tr...(a)ardenta.com> wrote:
> I've downloaded the latest gzip for SPARC Solaris, which pupports to have
> the -rsyncable option.
>
> But when we try to run it, it does't:

> Does anyone have a version with which this option works pls?
>
> Thanks
> Neil

What does 'which gzip' tell you? Are you using the correct one?
Recent versions
of Solaris include gzip although they don't support the --rsyncable
option.
From: Paul Gress on
On 08/11/10 08:55 PM, chuckers wrote:
> On Aug 12, 8:25 am, "Neil Truby"<neil.tr...(a)ardenta.com> wrote:
>
>> I've downloaded the latest gzip for SPARC Solaris, which pupports to have
>> the -rsyncable option.
>>
>> But when we try to run it, it does't:

>> Does anyone have a version with which this option works pls?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Neil
>>
> What does 'which gzip' tell you? Are you using the correct one?
> Recent versions
> of Solaris include gzip although they don't support the --rsyncable
> option.

I did some googling for "man gzip". 90% of the man pages didn't have
"--rsyncable". So my suggestion is to download an old version. So I
looked at www.sunfreeware.com and only the Solaris 2.5 Sparc version had
an older version available, v1.3.13. If you require an older version
you'll have to look youself.

Paul