From: carl on
Is it possible to compute an average given a criteria.

For example, I have some data like this:

30 Day High30 Day Vol
267.22 46.11
79.24 35.29
26.24 68.58
42.39 58.24
53.94 48.04
70.70 34.96
151.13 41.55
32.77 23.85
30.87 27.88

I wanted to compute an average of ColB if ColA was equal to or greater than
75.

In this case, the average would be 40.98

Thank you in advance.

From: Don Guillett on
This is an ARRAY formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter
=AVERAGE(IF((A2:A10>75),B2:B10))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Gary''s Student on
=AVERAGE(IF(A:A>75,B:B))
This is an array formula that must be entered with:
CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER
rather than just the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

From: Bernard Liengme on
If you have Excel 2007+, then use non-array formula
=AVERAGEIF(A2:A10,">=75",B2:B10)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme