From: Howard on
In column B, I have the days of the week. Monday may repeat 30 times, Tuesday
35 times etc. In column D, I have the time ([mm]:ss) for each day.
How do I get the average time for Monday?

Thanks,
--
Howard
From: Fred Smith on
If you're using Excel 2007, use:
=averageif(B:B,"Monday",D:D)

Regards,
Fred

From: Howard on
We're using Excel 2003, but thanks for the response.
--
Howard

From: Howard on
Thanks, that worked. Is there any way to reference the whole column. B:B does
not work.
--
Howard

From: Reeza on
On May 5, 3:32 pm, Howard <D...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks, that worked. Is there any way to reference the whole column. B:B does
> not work.
> --
> Howard
>

> "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:
> > {=AVERAGE(IF(B1:B3000="Monday",C1:C3000))}
> > *** Pls note ! This is an Array Formula. You should NOT type the curly braces.
> > In order to confirm the formula, you will use the three key combination -
> > while holding, down, CTRL+SHIFT press ENTER instead of just pressing ENTER.
> > You will be able to identify an Array Formula, in the Formula Bar, if it is
> > confined in a pair of curly braces.
> > Micky
>
> > "Howard" wrote:
>
> > > In column B, I have the days of the week. Monday may repeat 30 times, Tuesday
> > > 35 times etc. In column D, I have the time ([mm]:ss) for each day.
> > > How do I get the average time for Monday?
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > --
> > > Howard- Hide quoted text -

=SUMIF(B:B, "MONDAY", D:D)/COUNTIF(B:B, "MONDAY")