From: Curtis on
Source sheet

Column J contains the vlaues for condition 1
Column B contains the values for condition 2
Column D contains the numbers I wish to average

In my results sheet I need a formula that averages based on meeting the 2
conditions above

Hope that makes sense

thanks

--
ce
From: Jacob Skaria on
Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the
same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to
enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
braces at both ends like "{=<formula>}"

With condition1 in cell K1, condition 2 in cell K2 try the below

=AVERAGE(IF((J1:J10=K1)*(B1:B10=K2),D1:D10))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Curtis" wrote:

> Source sheet
>
> Column J contains the vlaues for condition 1
> Column B contains the values for condition 2
> Column D contains the numbers I wish to average
>
> In my results sheet I need a formula that averages based on meeting the 2
> conditions above
>
> Hope that makes sense
>
> thanks
>
> --