From: rmo555 on
I have been using Avira Free but am not very satisfied with the UI. So,
I just downloaded AVG Free in order to try it out. Both come very
highly rated. My question is: Since you're not supposed to run two
antri-virus programs at the same time, what do I have to do (besides
uninstall Avira) in order to try AVG? I wonder if I just shut Avira
down, are there still Services that continue to run? The best of both
worlds is if I could switch back and forth easily. Any constructive
comments are welcome.
From: rmo555 on
Thank you....

From: Nick Sanders on
Get INNOBATE AntiVirus Home, its realtime scan engine can work along
side another Virus scanner.
Can get a download from http://www.soft-go.com/view/INNOBATE-AntiVirus-Home_67952.html

From: Etal on
FredW wrote:

> rmo555(a)cox.net wrote:
>
>> I have been using Avira Free but am not very satisfied with the UI. So,
>> I just downloaded AVG Free in order to try it out. Both come very
>> highly rated. My question is: Since you're not supposed to run two
>> anti-virus programs at the same time, what do I have to do (besides
>> uninstall Avira) in order to try AVG? I wonder if I just shut Avira
>> down, are there still Services that continue to run? The best of both
>> worlds is if I could switch back and forth easily. Any constructive
>> comments are welcome.
>
> I use Avira as a "second-opinion" on-demand scanner.
> I installed Avira completely.
> Thereafter in services I changed "Avira Antivir Guard" from "automatic"
> in "manual".
>
> Now Avira is there, to scan when I want,
> but does not interfere with my real-time scanner.

Specific question, but answers can be generalized.

So there is no risk that still having Services Started/loaded at
System-level, e.g. [AVGIO.sys],[AVIPBB.sys] and [SSMDrv.sys], are
hooking functions that might interfere with other AV-softwares
desire to do the same?

Is it not necessary to look at (disable) the Services loading,
that are manageable from under 'Non-Plug and Play Drivers'?

--
Nah-ah. I'm staying out of this. ... Now, here's my opinion.

Please followup in the newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Nick Sanders" <innobate(a)gmail.com>

| Get INNOBATE AntiVirus Home, its realtime scan engine can work along
| side another Virus scanner.

Why in the world would anyone want that POS when then they can have a quality AV product
like Avira AntiVir ?

--
Dave