From: Juarez on
Avira recently put out a new version and when installing it it tells me
I should disable Defender because Avira does what Defender does too and
it may cause conflicts. I disabled Defender but I am using free Avira so
am thinking maybe free Avira doesn't overlap with Defender and I should
have both enabled. What do you think?
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Juarez" <jua(a)rez.invalid>

| Avira recently put out a new version and when installing it it tells me
| I should disable Defender because Avira does what Defender does too and
| it may cause conflicts. I disabled Defender but I am using free Avira so
| am thinking maybe free Avira doesn't overlap with Defender and I should
| have both enabled. What do you think?

Re-enable it and see what transpires.

--
Dave

From: Juarez on
On 04/04/2010 8:10 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:

> Re-enable it and see what transpires.

It's not a matter of if they coexist ok together or not, I don't want
Defender enabled if the new Avira makes it redundant. Defender has never
found squat anyway so don't think I need it if I have Avira and
Malwarebytes.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Juarez" <jua(a)rez.invalid>

| On 04/04/2010 8:10 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:

>> Re-enable it and see what transpires.

| It's not a matter of if they coexist ok together or not, I don't want
| Defender enabled if the new Avira makes it redundant. Defender has never
| found squat anyway so don't think I need it if I have Avira and
| Malwarebytes.

Well if you have Malwarebytes' anti malware, yes, it is redundant.

--
Dave

From: Juarez on
On 05/04/2010 1:19 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:

> Well if you have Malwarebytes' anti malware, yes, it is redundant.

I only have the free version so it doesn't run resident.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: BoaterDave
Next: Ping: David Kaye