From: Wes_A on
Is there a way to avoid getting the error result "#N/A" and rather having ""
or 0 returned as the result?
It's not a display issue, I don't want the error in the cell at all.
Thanks for any suggestion.
From: joel on

use an if statement

for no returned results
=if(error(your funcrtion),"",your function)

or
to return zero
=if(error(your funcrtion),0,your function)

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Jacob Skaria on
Handle that using ISNA() and IF()

=IF(ISNA(yourformula),"",yourformula)
OR
=IF(ISNA(yourformula),0,yourformula)

If you are using XL 2007 check out help for IFERROR()

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: ozgrid.com on
It's far more efficient to let the #N/A happen, hide the column/row and
reference the cell with;

=IF(ISNA(A1),0,A1)

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/stop-na-vlookup.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: joel on

It's far more efficient to let the #N/A happen, hide the column/row and
reference the cell with;

????????? Efficient is an interesting word especially in this incident!
What do you mean? Can you prove it?