From: Bikini Browser on

BIOS Settings needed for an INTEL D945GNT Motherboard & Crucial Ballistic
Memory Modules Part # BL12864AA80A

I have 2 crucial (BL12864AA80A) 1GB 240-PIN UNBUFF DIMM 128Mx64 DDR2
PC2-6400 CL4 EPP Memory Modules installed in a INTEL D945GNT MOTHERBOARD.

The computer is freezing up randomly so I wanted to check the Memory Module
Settings..

Currently My motherboard as the following settings...

SD RAM Control Automatic.
TCL 5
TRCD 5
TRP 5
TRASMIN 15

NOTE: spd defined as nominal [TCL] [TRCD] [TRP] [TRASMIN]

(I am quoting you the note in the bios.)

What should the settings be for my Crucial Ballistic Memory Modules?
Please advise...

Crucial (BL12864AA80A) 1GB 240-PIN UNBUFF DIMM 128Mx64 DDR2 PC2-6400 CL4 EPP

--
Bikini Browser of San Juan Puerto Rico
Small Business Office Automation

(787) 637-9100
www.daleallen.com

From: SC Tom on
"Bikini Browser" <delete.bikini.this.browser(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> BIOS Settings needed for an INTEL D945GNT Motherboard & Crucial Ballistic
> Memory Modules Part # BL12864AA80A
>
> I have 2 crucial (BL12864AA80A) 1GB 240-PIN UNBUFF DIMM 128Mx64 DDR2
> PC2-6400 CL4 EPP Memory Modules installed in a INTEL D945GNT MOTHERBOARD.
>
> The computer is freezing up randomly so I wanted to check the Memory
> Module Settings..
>
> Currently My motherboard as the following settings...
>
> SD RAM Control Automatic.
> TCL 5
> TRCD 5
> TRP 5
> TRASMIN 15
>
> NOTE: spd defined as nominal [TCL] [TRCD] [TRP] [TRASMIN]
>
> (I am quoting you the note in the bios.)
>
> What should the settings be for my Crucial Ballistic Memory Modules?
> Please advise...
>
> Crucial (BL12864AA80A) 1GB 240-PIN UNBUFF DIMM 128Mx64 DDR2 PC2-6400 CL4
> EPP
>
> --
> Bikini Browser of San Juan Puerto Rico
> Small Business Office Automation
> Small Business Document Imaging Solutions
> Networking Solutions using Linksys & Cisco Products
> http://www.daleallen.com
>
> (787) 637-9100
> www.daleallen.com

According to Crucial's web site
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=BL12864AA80A that RAM
should be 4-4-4-12, so unless that MB automatically detects those settings,
you could try manually inputting them and see if that stabilizes your
system.
Since the settings you are using now are slower than required, that's
probably not your problem, although it won't hurt anything to try them.
--
SC Tom