From: Walter Spector on
Bart Vandewoestyne wrote:

> On 2007-02-13, Walter Spector <w6ws_xthisoutx(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Depending on whose BLAS you were using, there may be a module that
> > you can USE with interface blocks for the calls. This would allow
> > the compiler to check the call at compile time.
>
> OK. I have been searching a bit but it is not quite clear to me
> what exactly i can use...

Some vendors of scientific libraries include F90 modules as part of
the package. For example, on IRIX, with the SCSL library, one could
write:

USE SCSL_BLAS

This provides explicit interfaces for the BLAS routines, so they can
be checked. (Unfortunately we never got around to doing the rest of
LAPACK.)

Intels MKL has similar with USE MKL95_BLAS. With this you can use
things like 'CALL GEMM', and thanks to the generic interfaces the
compiler will choose the correct variant based on what
args you pass to it.

There is also lapack95 from netlib.org:

http://www.netlib.org/lapack95/

(Intels MKL lib includes lapack95. No doubt others do to.)

W.
From: highegg on

> My main question is what software has modules for me that i can
> 'use' to have available the 'dgemm' routine in Fortran 95 code?
>
> Once i've figured that out, new questions will probably arise,
> but I'll keep those for later ;-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Bart
>
> --
> "Share what you know. Learn what you don't."

I have recently started developing a (yet another!) Fortran 95
interface to BLAS and LAPACK. It has (IMHO) some advantages over
the alternatives freely available on the web, at least it suits my
needs better. However, it is still too fresh to be reliable. You can
check it out at http://www.highegg.matfyz.cz/blap95/

Jaroslav

From: Bart Vandewoestyne on
On 2007-02-14, Walter Spector <w6ws_xthisoutx(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> There is also lapack95 from netlib.org:
>
> http://www.netlib.org/lapack95/

OK. After searching a bit through the docs, I think this is the
information that I needed (including 2 examples):

http://www.netlib.org/lapack95/lug95/node51.html

Thanks,
Bart

--
"Share what you know. Learn what you don't."
First  |  Prev  |