From: analyst41 on
I suppose this applies to any programming language.

What does the standard say about pictures as comments ?

I think it would be a great idea.

From: Dan Nagle on
Hello,

analyst41(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I suppose this applies to any programming language.
>
> What does the standard say about pictures as comments ?
>
> I think it would be a great idea.

You may place any characters you want following a !,
so a url to a graphic is as ok as anything else.

--
Cheers!

Dan Nagle
Purple Sage Computing Solutions, Inc.
From: Richard Maine on
Dan Nagle <dannagle(a)verizon.net> wrote:

> analyst41(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> > I suppose this applies to any programming language.
> >
> > What does the standard say about pictures as comments ?
> >
> > I think it would be a great idea.
>
> You may place any characters you want following a !,
> so a url to a graphic is as ok as anything else.

Well, close. In free source form, you can't have "any" character. You
are restricted to the "graphic" characters (i.e. not control
characters).

So I suppose that all comments are "graphic". :-) ... Some potentially
with 3 different meanings of the word. :-)

--
Richard Maine | Good judgement comes from experience;
domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
From: Beliavsky on
On Feb 20, 1:34 pm, analys...(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I suppose this applies to any programming language.
>
> What does the standard say about pictures as comments ?
>
> I think it would be a great idea.

I think it is a bad idea. I expect source code to be plain text and to
be editable and viewable with any text editor (notepad, Emacs, vi,
etc.).

From: analyst41 on
On Feb 20, 1:42 pm, Dan Nagle <danna...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> analys...(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> > I suppose this applies to any programming language.
>
> > What does the standard say about pictures as comments ?
>
> > I think it would be a great idea.
>
> You may place any characters you want following a !,
> so a url to a graphic is as ok as anything else.
>
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Dan Nagle
> Purple Sage Computing Solutions, Inc.

Well,pushing the idea further, we should be able to put both the
source code and text and graphic comments all together at an editable
web page and some kind of IDE interface should be able extract only
the source code for compilation.