From: iC and iC++ on
On Jun 29, 8:51 am, eps <n...(a)epscylonb.com> wrote:
> io_x wrote:
> > what about this?
> > __________________________
> > |                        |
> > |  weitght==?            |
> > |                        |
> > |      __________        |
> > |      |        |--------|-tap
> > |      |        |        |
> > |      |   | |  |        |
> > |^^^^^^^   | |   ^^^^^^^^|  surface submarine
> >             ^
> >            /|\
> > point where oil exit
>
> > there is someone of you know what is the weight
> > for the above structure (**in the water**) for
> > controbilance oil pressure?
>
> Once you have solved this spill perhaps you could head over to the
> nigerian delta and fix all the ones that happen there every month.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_issues_in_the_Niger_Delta#...

People should also not that the Mexican "Ixtoc I" oil spill went on
for 9 months spewing an estimated 30000 barrels, (mind you this is a
Mexican estimation) of crude oil per day into the Gulf of Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixtoc_I_oil_spill

Also, an appropriate place to ask your question would have been on an
engineering forum like CR4 where the OP's question has also been
discussed extensively on http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/54494/Using-Standard-Sand-Bags-to-Stop-Oil-Leak

Here, you will find REAL engineers like me.

This here is a forum for SOFT engineers... :)
From: io_x on

"io_x" <a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> what about this?
> __________________________
> | |
> | weitght==? |
> | |
> | __________ |
> | | |--------|-tap
> | | | |
> | | | | | |
> |^^^^^^^ | | ^^^^^^^^| surface submarine
> ^
> /|\
> |
> point where oil exit
>
> there is someone of you know what is the weight
> for the above structure (**in the water**) for
> controbilance oil pressure?

if above the structure there are 2 windlass "argano"
and with 4 point in the submarice surface where
fasten the wires the structure could be without weight...