From: Moana Lott on
Could someone please guide me towards a fix perhaps?

Error Message and Specs below.....

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error
0X00000078 (0xc03dd2cc, 0xC0000000E, 0xF74B3384, 0x17D72860)

atapi.sys.
F74B3384 base at F74A600

Dell Dimension 2350
Windows XP Pro
P4, 2.0CPU
60GB HD
768 Ram
<new computer is in the cards, just not yet>

Any input in this matter would be much appreciated.

TIA

From: S.Lewis on

"Moana Lott" <nuhuh(a)nocigar.com> wrote in message
> Could someone please guide me towards a fix perhaps?
>
> Error Message and Specs below.....
>
> Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error
> 0X00000078 (0xc03dd2cc, 0xC0000000E, 0xF74B3384, 0x17D72860)
>
> atapi.sys.
> F74B3384 base at F74A600
>

> Dell Dimension 2350
> Windows XP Pro
> P4, 2.0CPU
> 60GB HD
> 768 Ram
> <new computer is in the cards, just not yet>
>
> Any input in this matter would be much appreciated.
>
> TIA

What events transpired in the days/hours before the blue screen appeared?
(Added software or hardware).

Have you attempted (with all externals unplugged other than monitor,
keyboard and mouse) to F8 at boot into "safe mode"?

If so, an attempt at system restore might be worth a go:

start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

Choose a date prior to the appearance of the BSOD....(you won't lose data,
only programs or drivers installed since that date).

Stew

From: Moana Lott on

"S.Lewis" <stew1960(a)mail.com> wrote in message

> What events transpired in the days/hours before the blue screen appeared?
> (Added software or hardware).
>
> Have you attempted (with all externals unplugged other than monitor,
> keyboard and mouse) to F8 at boot into "safe mode"?
>
> If so, an attempt at system restore might be worth a go:
>
> start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore
>
> Choose a date prior to the appearance of the BSOD....(you won't lose data,
> only programs or drivers installed since that date).
>
> Stew

Whoops sorry bout that. . . .
This is close to how it started, been at it awhile.
got a BSOD Run.dll error.
An exception occured while trying to run /newdev.dll, client side install. .
..
\pipe\PNP_Device intall pipe-0.
{EC2B0624-FBOA-4799-AD68-CB490}
{2782A649-AA62-4AF6-9322-74205E-133AC2}
Something like that.

Did a reinstall--been a long time.
Got the drivers loaded, working fine,
But loading progs, it started shutting off, sometimes re-booting, didnt
always recognize a disk in the cd or dvd drives, so ran Reg Supreme and
there was like 140+ errors. Maybe more.
Did another reinstall,
Got the basic drivers re-loaded, Kaspersky anti-viurus/Hacker, Dreamweaver
MX, and started on Roxio 8 when this BSOD error occured.

Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error
0X00000078 (0xc03dd2cc, 0xC0000000E, 0xF74B3384, 0x17D72860)

atapi.sys.
F74B3384 base at F74A600

And that is where Im at now.

Im just wondering where im headed with this computer,
if it is time to speed up working for the new one.
Or is it salvagable?

TIA

From: Colin Wilson on
> got a BSOD Run.dll error.

Try memtest86 - memory errors often show up as random errors in
different applications.

http://www.memtest86.com/

If you can get the system up long enough to write a floppy or burn it
to CD (takes seconds) you`re laughing.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****
From: Tom Scales on
It is a guess, but I would say either a memory error (try Memtest, as
suggested) or a hard drive failure (in the paging file), so do a Scandisk.

There is an error bring a page from disk back to memory.

Tom