From: Beverly Howard on
While BT has replaced the serial port, a plus is that it is _sometimes_
possible to use BT in place of a serial cable for needs written with a
cable connection in mind.

However, I have encountered two critical serial apps (offered by
companies who are not available to modify them) where the serial code is
written to "close" the serial port after every use... i.e.;

open the port
send serial data
close port
open port
collect received data
close port
etc...

My experience with this is that BT cannot handle the above as it
triggers BT to renegotiate and reconnect on each open event... in the
case of the two apps mentioned, they timeout and fail before that
negotiation is finished.

So, the question... is there any way to setup a BT connection to remain
alive between these events?

tia,
Beverly Howard
From: Beverly Howard on
>> Virtual Serial Port <<

Great thought... time to dig that BT serial adapter out and give it a
shot... perhaps in the next year or so ;-)

thanks,
Beverly Howard