From: don on
I'd like to use a 5 x7 pic as part of my background - how would I do this
without the pic filling up my eniter screen which is what is happening now
when I pick it via Display Properties - Desktop - Background

From: Steve Urbach on
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:49:39 -0500, "don" <don(a)panix.com> wrote:

>I'd like to use a 5 x7 pic as part of my background - how would I do this
>without the pic filling up my eniter screen which is what is happening now
>when I pick it via Display Properties - Desktop - Background

There ate options for desktop backgrounds on the pull down.
Center, Tile and Stretch

Hint: Pick *Center* :)

From: Steve Urbach on
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:49:39 -0500, "don" <don(a)panix.com> wrote:

>I'd like to use a 5 x7 pic as part of my background - how would I do this
>without the pic filling up my eniter screen which is what is happening now
>when I pick it via Display Properties - Desktop - Background

\
My bad (maybe)
I made an *assumption* that your 5x7 image in pixels was less than your screen
resolution. Stretch will actually shrink to the screen size if it is larger :/

You might try e-mailing the picture to yourself (right click on the file: Send
to mail recipient) and select the option to make the file size smaller. Get
your mail and use that image.
You could use Paint, but your question leads me to assume you want a /simple/
way.
From: Nil on
On 24 Dec 2009, "don" <don(a)panix.com> wrote in alt.os.windows-xp:

> I'd like to use a 5 x7 pic as part of my background - how would I
> do this without the pic filling up my eniter screen which is what
> is happening now when I pick it via Display Properties - Desktop

5 x 7 what? The amount of space a picture uses on the screen is
determined by the number of pixels, not the printed width. Windows's
built-in wallpaper displayer has limited options. You might need to
resize the picture to make the picture fit the screen the way you want.
Irfanview has a nice wallpaper resize function.
From: Rudy on

"don" <don(a)panix.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to use a 5 x7 pic as part of my background - how would I do this
> without the pic filling up my eniter screen which is what is happening now
> when I pick it via Display Properties - Desktop - Background
>Scan the picture and open it in Photoshop or a simillar program. Re-size it
>a couple of times till you get what you want and that's it. And yes, use
>the center option, not tile when inserting.

Rudy