From: Steve B Steve on
How do I make sure that when I back-up my data to an external hard drive
(Maxtor) that my Outlook info is backed uP? Especially my calendar, contacts
and email folders and contents?
From: Orland, Kathleen on
With Outlook closed, copy your PST file (which contains your email,
calendar, contacts).

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--

Kathleen Orland
Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon

From: VanguardLH on
Steve B wrote:

> How do I make sure that when I back-up my data to an external hard drive
> (Maxtor) that my Outlook info is backed uP? Especially my calendar, contacts
> and email folders and contents?

How to verify the backup depends on how you are doing it but no one knows
how you are doing the backup since you didn't bother to mention your backup
process or program.

If you are merely copying the .pst file, then just use the File -> Open menu
to load the copy of the .pst file to look at it inside of Outlook. When you
are done verifying, close that .pst file so you aren't looking at duplicates
inside of Outlook.