From: sduraybito on
When I backup using the System State option, my existing backup file on my
external Seagate E drive is also backed up. Isn't this sort of redundant? How
do I get the System State backup of just my computer and exclude the backup E
drive? Thanks, Peter
From: Brian A. on
"sduraybito" <sduraybito(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I backup using the System State option, my existing backup file on my
> external Seagate E drive is also backed up. Isn't this sort of redundant?
> How do I get the System State backup of just my computer and exclude the
> backup E drive? Thanks, Peter

See:
To back up System State data
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntbackup_backup_sysstate.mspx?mfr=true

--

Brian A. Sesko
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
RTFM

From: Menno Hershberger on
:-) That's too easy!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> RTFM
>
> sduraybito wrote:
>> When I backup using the System State option, my existing backup file
>> on my external Seagate E drive is also backed up. Isn't this sort of
>> redundant? How do I get the System State backup of just my computer
>> and exclude the backup E drive? Thanks, Peter

--
--- Long live Fat32! ---