From: Steve Gr on
Hi,

If I do a full backup on a SQL 2000 database, then backup the transaction
log several times over a few hours, then do a differential backup, what do I
need if I then want to restore that database?

Do I just need the full and the diff?
Or do I need all the logs in between as well?

Thanks in Advance,
Steve

From: Tom Cooper on
To recover to the point in time the diff was taken, you just need the full
and the diff.

Tom

From: Dan Guzman on
To add to Tom's response, the basic restore sequence to minimize data loss
is:

1) restore last full backup
2) restore most recent differential
3) restore logs since most recent differential

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP