From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:55:10 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
<Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>On Aug 10, 5:11 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

>> >Also long period Cepheids. Also intermediate period Cepheids...
>>
>> How would you know?
>
>You are some idiot to have totally ignored several years of
>discussion. For starters: All Cepheids exhibit period jitter (aka
>period noise, amplitude noise) inconsistent with the orbital
>hypothesis.

They don't. Many have dead constant periods....or slowly varying, which is in
line with BaTh.

>Direct interferometric measurements have been made of
>the diameter of the nearer Cepheids. Temperature changes have been
>measured consistent with adiabatic expansion/contraction, which
>are consistent with measured diameter changes.

So what. That is perfectly OK according to BaTh. Naturally their brightness
could fluctuate slightly if their surface area is expanding and
contracting...but no theory can fully explain the connection...except BaTh.

><snip>

>OK, try fitting beta Dor and U Nor:
>http://iopscience.iop.org/0067-0049/140/2/465/pdf/0067-0049_140_2_465.pdf

One can only sympathise with these hard working astronomers.

Their whole approach has been completely stuffed up by Einstein.

BaTh has no difficulty in explaining all the mysteries surrounding 'cepheids',
most of which are clearly binaries.

>Jerry

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
From: Jerry on
On Aug 12, 7:50 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:55:10 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>
> <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >On Aug 10, 5:11 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> >> How would you know?
>
> >You are some idiot to have totally ignored several years of
> >discussion. For starters: All Cepheids exhibit period jitter (aka
> >period noise, amplitude noise) inconsistent with the orbital
> >hypothesis.
>
> They don't. Many have dead constant periods....or slowly varying, which is in
> line with BaTh.

Phase jitter in Type II Cepheids is generally very pronounced:
http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-3881/128/4/1748/204246.text.html

Type I Cepheids are much more stable than Type II Cepheids, but
careful studies show that even Type I Cepheids exhibit
instabilities inconsistent with the orbital hypothesis. The
light curves also show long-term variation indicative of rapid
evolution through the instability strip:
http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0304053

Many Cepheids are in binary systems, which is detected by
periodic Doppler shifts corresponding to orbital velocity, and
systematic phase shifts corresponding the varying distance light
travels from the Cepheid in differing parts of its orbit.

> >Direct interferometric measurements have been made of
> >the diameter of the nearer Cepheids. Temperature changes have been
> >measured consistent with adiabatic expansion/contraction, which
> >are consistent with measured diameter changes.
>
> So what. That is perfectly OK according to BaTh.  Naturally their brightness
> could fluctuate slightly if their surface area is expanding and
> contracting...but no theory can fully explain the connection...except BaTh.

Expansion and contraction, with accompanying temperature changes,
explains ALL of the observed luminosity changes.

BaTh is totally irrelevant. Repeat. TOTALLY. IRRELEVANT.

> ><snip>

> >OK, try fitting beta Dor and U Nor:
> >http://iopscience.iop.org/0067-0049/140/2/465/pdf/0067-0049_140_2_465...
>
> One can only sympathise with these hard working astronomers.
>
> Their whole approach has been completely stuffed up  by Einstein.
>
> BaTh has no difficulty in explaining all the mysteries surrounding 'cepheids',
> most of which are clearly binaries.

Then provide fits for beta Dor and U Nor:
http://iopscience.iop.org/0067-0049/140/2/465/pdf/0067-0049_140_2_465.pdf

Why are you evading this simple request?

Jerry
From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:12:23 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
<Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>On Aug 12, 7:50�pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:55:10 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>>
>> <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>> >On Aug 10, 5:11 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

>> They don't. Many have dead constant periods....or slowly varying, which is in
>> line with BaTh.
>
>Phase jitter in Type II Cepheids is generally very pronounced:
>http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-3881/128/4/1748/204246.text.html
>
>Type I Cepheids are much more stable than Type II Cepheids, but
>careful studies show that even Type I Cepheids exhibit
>instabilities inconsistent with the orbital hypothesis.

Probably due to a third or more orbiting planets.

>The
>light curves also show long-term variation indicative of rapid
>evolution through the instability strip:
>http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0304053

BaTh offers several explainations for long term drift. The most likely one is
that the cepheid system is itslef in a large galactic orbit or similar.

>Many Cepheids are in binary systems, which is detected by
>periodic Doppler shifts corresponding to orbital velocity, and
>systematic phase shifts corresponding the varying distance light
>travels from the Cepheid in differing parts of its orbit.

BaTh explains this correctly.

>> >Direct interferometric measurements have been made of
>> >the diameter of the nearer Cepheids. Temperature changes have been
>> >measured consistent with adiabatic expansion/contraction, which
>> >are consistent with measured diameter changes.
>>
>> So what. That is perfectly OK according to BaTh. �Naturally their brightness
>> could fluctuate slightly if their surface area is expanding and
>> contracting...but no theory can fully explain the connection...except BaTh.
>
>Expansion and contraction, with accompanying temperature changes,
>explains ALL of the observed luminosity changes.

.......then why are so many astronomers still trying to find a decent theory to
match brightness variation with size?

>BaTh is totally irrelevant. Repeat. TOTALLY. IRRELEVANT.

BaTh explains cepheid behavior very simply and accurately.

>> >OK, try fitting beta Dor and U Nor:
>> >http://iopscience.iop.org/0067-0049/140/2/465/pdf/0067-0049_140_2_465...
>>
>> One can only sympathise with these hard working astronomers.
>>
>> Their whole approach has been completely stuffed up �by Einstein.
>>
>> BaTh has no difficulty in explaining all the mysteries surrounding 'cepheids',
>> most of which are clearly binaries.
>
>Then provide fits for beta Dor and U Nor:
>http://iopscience.iop.org/0067-0049/140/2/465/pdf/0067-0049_140_2_465.pdf

>Why are you evading this simple request?

There is no question to answer. The BaTh explanation is trivial

From: Darwin123 on
On Aug 11, 8:15 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:59:18 +0200, "Paul B. Andersen" <some...(a)somewhere..no>
> wrote:
>

> >On 10.08.2010 01:27, Henry Wilson DSc wrote:

> >> Since the particle is changing direction continuously in a cyclotron, how does
> >> the radiation know which direction to travel in?
>
> >Are you serious? :-)
> >An aeroplane has a cannon pointing forwards.
> >It shoots while it is turning.
> >How does the bullets know which direction to travel in?
>
> hahahhahhhahhaha! ....stop it Paul, or I'll die laughing...A.re guns mounted on
> the front or the back ...or sides?
>
> In a cyclotron D, the acceleration is towards the centre....so what should that
> tell you about the radiation's preferred direction?
The radiation emitted by an accelerated charge tends to be in
directions perpendicular to the acceleration. If you draw the
direction of the electric field of the charge particle in its rest
frame, you will see that the electric field is outward from the
charge. The same picture will show you that the change in electric
field due to the acceleration is smallest in the direction of
acceleration, since that is where the charge is going.
So the direction of cyclotron radiation tends to be in a
direction perpendicular to the diameter of the circle. So the
acceleration provides one constraint as to the direction of cyclotron
radiation.
The direction of light from the accelerating charge is also
determined by the magnet that is forcing the electric charges to
accelerate toward the center. The electric charge in the cyclotron is
moving relative to this magnet, and to the magnetic field generated by
this magnet.
The acceleration of the electric charge, plus the direction of
the magnetic field that causes this acceleration, together determine
the direction that most of the photons take as they are emitted from
the electric charge. Thus, there is no need to determine an absolute
velocity.
Most cyclotron radiation is aimed in a direction determined by the
cross product of the centripetal acceleration and the magnetic field
that is causing the centripetal acceleration. The cross product
happens to be in the direction of motion as seen in the laboratory
frame. However, there is no need to invoke this velocity. The salient
axes here are 1) the direction of the centripetal acceleration and 2)
the direction of the magnetic field emitted by the cyclotron magnet.
Basically, it is the electric charges in the magnet that guides
the accelerating particles that break the isotropy of the environment.
Everything can be defined in terms of the relative velocity of the
atoms in the magnet and the charged particles. There is no absolute
velocity needed to determine the direction of motion of the light, or
the direction of the photon, uniquely. Thus, relativity is not
violated.
Not that relativity was necessary to figure this out. You could
have figure it out just by drawing a force diagram of the cyclotron
with orbiting particle. Neither you nor Androcles know how to draw
force diagrams. That is one problem you both have in common. Newton
would be so ashamed of you guys.
From: Androcles on

"Darwin123" <drosen0000(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
Neither you nor Androcles know how to draw
force diagrams. That is one problem you both have in common. Newton
would be so ashamed of you guys.

I haven't said anything about cyclotrons, fuckwit! What are you bringing me
into it for, drosen?

Neither you nor any relativist knows anything about mathematics. That is
one problem you all have in common. Einstein would be proud of you babbling
cretins.