From: Michael J Davis on
FP <f32pnospam(a)eircom.net> was inspired to say

>Yes, but why phone up your bank, and the bank you want to transfer
>money to, every time you want to do a transfer -- when the information
>is in the palm of your hand?
>
>Again, I don't see a need for this, either. I know my bank's sort code
>by heart, and I use cash instead of money transfers. And it's a long
>while since I lived in Germany. But if someone has ported something
>that /they/ find useful to their handheld, and wants to share it with
>other handheld users, I don't see that it does any harm :)

Over the years I have had occasion to use UK sortcode validation...

http://www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk/demos/bankvalidator.aspx

on behalf of setting up S.O.s for my business. I can't see why this
isn't useful for people dealing with German Banks.

I have a lot of other info on my Psion.

Mike
--
Michael J Davis
<><
From: FP on
On 13/03/2010 21:34, Michael J Davis wrote:
> FP <f32pnospam(a)eircom.net> was inspired to say
>

>> Yes, but why phone up your bank, and the bank you want to transfer
>> money to, every time you want to do a transfer -- when the information
>> is in the palm of your hand?
>>
>> Again, I don't see a need for this, either. I know my bank's sort code
>> by heart, and I use cash instead of money transfers. And it's a long
>> while since I lived in Germany. But if someone has ported something
>> that /they/ find useful to their handheld, and wants to share it with
>> other handheld users, I don't see that it does any harm :)
>

> Over the years I have had occasion to use UK sortcode validation...
>
> http://www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk/demos/bankvalidator.aspx
>
> on behalf of setting up S.O.s for my business. I can't see why this
> isn't useful for people dealing with German Banks.

Zigackly. Which is why I don't see how anyone would have a problem with
it being posted, even if it's useless to some of us. And it's not as if
comp.sys.psion.misc is overflowing with people making new stuff
available anyway!

> I have a lot of other info on my Psion.

I'd never remember anyone's birthday if I wasn't reminded... although I
don't think I'll be posting /that/ one publicly :)

FP