From: BENNYSOFT on
The bank sort code file 2010-03 for Germany is available for download
in Mobipocket, MobileDB, HanDBase, and EPOC Data format.

https://www.bennysoft.net/news/bank-sort-codes-germany-2010-03

The bank sort code file is updated by the Deutsche Bundesbank
quarterly. The file with ending date of January 19, 2010 is valid from
March 8, 2010 until June 6, 2010. The ZIP files include the bank sort
code file leaflet of the Deutsche Bundesbank, which is valid since
October 31, 2009.
From: Richard B. Gilbert on
BENNYSOFT wrote:
> The bank sort code file 2010-03 for Germany is available for download
> in Mobipocket, MobileDB, HanDBase, and EPOC Data format.
>
> https://www.bennysoft.net/news/bank-sort-codes-germany-2010-03
>
> The bank sort code file is updated by the Deutsche Bundesbank
> quarterly. The file with ending date of January 19, 2010 is valid from
> March 8, 2010 until June 6, 2010. The ZIP files include the bank sort
> code file leaflet of the Deutsche Bundesbank, which is valid since
> October 31, 2009.

What use are bank sort codes? Why mention them here?
From: FP on
On 08/03/2010 22:35, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> BENNYSOFT wrote:
>
>> The bank sort code file 2010-03 for Germany is available for download
>> in Mobipocket, MobileDB, HanDBase, and EPOC Data format.
>>
>> https://www.bennysoft.net/news/bank-sort-codes-germany-2010-03
>>
>> The bank sort code file is updated by the Deutsche Bundesbank
>> quarterly. The file with ending date of January 19, 2010 is valid from
>> March 8, 2010 until June 6, 2010. The ZIP files include the bank sort
>> code file leaflet of the Deutsche Bundesbank, which is valid since
>> October 31, 2009.
>

> What use are bank sort codes? Why mention them here?

Where's here? I'm looking at comp.sys.psion.misc, and since this is a
new file available for the Psion, it looks appropriate. As for what use
a bankleitzahl is, I guess you'd have to ask someone who lives in
Germany and uses a bank. There are star chart programs for the Psion as
well, and I don't see any point to that, but that doesn't mean that
they're no use to anybody else.

FP
From: Richard B. Gilbert on
FP wrote:
> On 08/03/2010 22:35, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
>> BENNYSOFT wrote:
>>
>>> The bank sort code file 2010-03 for Germany is available for download
>>> in Mobipocket, MobileDB, HanDBase, and EPOC Data format.
>>>
>>> https://www.bennysoft.net/news/bank-sort-codes-germany-2010-03
>>>
>>> The bank sort code file is updated by the Deutsche Bundesbank
>>> quarterly. The file with ending date of January 19, 2010 is valid from
>>> March 8, 2010 until June 6, 2010. The ZIP files include the bank sort
>>> code file leaflet of the Deutsche Bundesbank, which is valid since
>>> October 31, 2009.
>>

>> What use are bank sort codes? Why mention them here?
>
> Where's here? I'm looking at comp.sys.psion.misc, and since this is a
> new file available for the Psion, it looks appropriate. As for what use
> a bankleitzahl is, I guess you'd have to ask someone who lives in
> Germany and uses a bank. There are star chart programs for the Psion as
> well, and I don't see any point to that, but that doesn't mean that
> they're no use to anybody else.
>
> FP

"Here" is comp.sys.palmtops and/or comp.sys.palmtops.pilot. It seems,
to me, to be a peculiar place to announce something of interest only to
those who deal with a German bank.

Doesn't the bank supply this information to its customers?

From: FP on
On 09/03/2010 18:34, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> FP wrote:

>>> What use are bank sort codes? Why mention them here?
>>

>> Where's here? I'm looking at comp.sys.psion.misc, and since this is a
>> new file available for the Psion, it looks appropriate. As for what
>> use a bankleitzahl is, I guess you'd have to ask someone who lives in
>> Germany and uses a bank. There are star chart programs for the Psion
>> as well, and I don't see any point to that, but that doesn't mean that
>> they're no use to anybody else.
>>
>> FP
>

> "Here" is comp.sys.palmtops and/or comp.sys.palmtops.pilot. It seems,
> to me, to be a peculiar place to announce something of interest only to
> those who deal with a German bank.

Only those who deal with German banks, who use a palmtop.

> Doesn't the bank supply this information to its customers?

Yes, but why phone up your bank, and the bank you want to transfer money
to, every time you want to do a transfer -- when the information is in
the palm of your hand?

Again, I don't see a need for this, either. I know my bank's sort code
by heart, and I use cash instead of money transfers. And it's a long
while since I lived in Germany. But if someone has ported something that
/they/ find useful to their handheld, and wants to share it with other
handheld users, I don't see that it does any harm :)

Frank

Frank