From: Joachim Lingner on
Try to run the letter wizard. If it works then generally Java works as
well. The wizard can be found in the file menu.

Joachim

Seb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered some problems trying to create a simple data base (from the
> wizard: create new data base -> No, do not register the data base ->
> Finish). When I clicked on "Tables" I got the error: The connection to
> the data base could not be established. Clicking on "more", showed an
> 'error' line with:
>
> SQL Status: S1000
> Error code: 1000
>
> No Java installation could be found. Please check your installation!
>

> This is very odd because in the menu Tools -> Options -> Java, I can see
> my Sun Microsystems version of Java listed and the JRE option checked as
> well. This is with Debian unstable packages on a AMD64 system. Any
> pointers on what the problem may be?
>

> Cheers,

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Seb on
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:58:55 +0100,
Joachim Lingner <joachim.lingner(a)sun.com> wrote:

> Try to run the letter wizard. If it works then generally Java works as
> well. The wizard can be found in the file menu.

hmm... I tried and none of the wizards launch.

--
Seb

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Terry on
Seb wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:58:55 +0100,
> Joachim Lingner <joachim.lingner(a)sun.com> wrote:
>

>> Try to run the letter wizard. If it works then generally Java works as
>> well. The wizard can be found in the file menu.
>>

> hmm... I tried and none of the wizards launch.
How old is your JRE? Base may need a later version.

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Terry on
Terry wrote:
> How old is your JRE? Base may need a later version.
Have just found a thread on the forum suggesting uninstalling, then
reinstalling the JRE. It worked for at least one user.

From: Joachim Lingner on
You could try to use the 32 bit version of Sun's JRE in case you have
installed the 64 bit Jre.

Joachim