From: Chiki on
hi,

i m very new to access. I want to Learn Access from the very basic.
I just need some help in creating forms & retrieving data into form using
tables queries & forms. I had created a Contacts_table containing field which
i entered the data using the Form into the table.

I want to Create a form from which i want to retrieve data based on the
Contacts of the persons in the table like Basing on the First_Name,Area_Code
& Location.

Also please give me any links of the examples that may be helpful like this.
From: John Spencer on
Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/

A free tutorial written by Crystal:
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

A video how-to series by Crystal:
http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: Chiki on

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Roger Carlson's tutorials, samples and tips:
> http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/
>
> A free tutorial written by Crystal:
> http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html
>
> A video how-to series by Crystal:
> http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal
>
> MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
> http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> Chiki wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i m very new to access. I want to Learn Access from the very basic.
> > I just need some help in creating forms & retrieving data into form using
> > tables queries & forms. I had created a Contacts_table containing field which
> > i entered the data using the Form into the table.
> >
> > I want to Create a form from which i want to retrieve data based on the
> > Contacts of the persons in the table like Basing on the First_Name,Area_Code
> > & Location.
> >
> > Also please give me any links of the examples that may be helpful like this.
> .

Thanks for the links.
From: Chiki on
Is it possible to Display data in the form using the tables as the back-end
database.if so ,please provide me any examples....i want to study
them..........
thanks in advance.
From: John Spencer on
Yes it is possible. It is usually better to set the form's record source to a
query than to a table.

Examples:
Duane Hookom has a sample survey database "At Your Survey" at

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=4

This fully functional application uses a small collection of tables, queries,
forms, reports, and code to manage multiple surveys. Users can create a
survey, define questions, enter pre-defined answers, limit to list, report
results, create crosstabs, and other features without changing the design of
any objects.

Allen Browne has some sample databases at
http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html#Application
Just look for links that are tagged with sample Database in the descriptions