From: Fred on
I tried the Microsoft info on this questions and it was really worthless.

Let's say a "little guy" makes some unsplit Access 2003 databases with
Macros and code which a friend wants to run on Access 2007 without "security"
related hassles, including without wanting to have to click through warnings
every time it is opened.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,

Fred

From: Jeff Boyce on
Fred

If you trust your friend, you can tell Access/Windows to trust the location
in which the file runs.

--

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in
this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does
not constitute endorsement thereof.

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Daniel Pineault on
Firstly, if a "little guy", as you put it, create a simple db in 2003, it
should run fine in 2007.

That said, you may encounter a message relating to enabling content....
caused by the trust center, MS new improved, very questionable, security
measure. You can eliminate the prompt very easily by simply placing you db
within a trusted location or, defining the db directory as a new trusted
location. See:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100319991033.aspx#11
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

From: Fred on
Thank you Daniel & Jeff,

Just what I was looking for.

Sincerely,

Fred

From: Dorian on
That link for Microsoft was very funny. They don't recommend using a network
share as a trusted location? How do they expect anyone to use Access on that
basis?
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".