From: Mike S on
On 7/9/2010 3:27 PM, RichardOnRails wrote:
<snip>
> [...]
<snip>

> K:\_Projects\Ruby\_Rails_Apps\_EIMS>rails RTS2 -d mysql
> [snip]

I'm not sure if this is due the my (Thuncerbird) newsreader changing the
dash that you used to a different font or not but when I copy your dash
symbol into a text editor

then type a dash symbol below it
-
and enlarge the font to 72 or greater it's clear the symbols are not the
same. To be clear, I am typing the lower case key just to the right of
the 0 (zero) key above the O and P keys at the top right of the
keyboard. Is that the one you're using?

Maybe it's a charset issue? I believe you pick the default charset in
Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, under the Advanced tab

Mike

From: RichardOnRails on

Problem solved!!

Thanks Pegasys & Mike S. for hanging in there with me. When I looked
at my command in Notepad, I saw:
rails RTS2 –d mysql

But when I entered in a Command window: Type GenerateRailsAppX.bat,
I saw:
rails RTS2 ûd mysql

Now I realized rails, RTS2, mysql were all irrelevent -- the problem
was with the -b itself.
So I added a line of dashed characters via Notepad and listed it in
the command window:

K:\_Projects\Ruby\_Rails_Apps\_EIMS\Tools\KeyTools>type Gen*x.bat
[snip]
rails RTS2 ûd mysql
:-a -b -c -d -e

So, clearly, there''s something wrong with the dash in the first line.
Viewed carefully in Notepad, it became clear that the dash before the
first d was larger than the next d's.
Voila! I changed it and problem solved.
BTW, I created the original GenerateRailsApp.bat using the IDE
"SciTE". I'll be more careful in the future.

Thanks one and all,
Richard
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3