From: karomiow on
I have a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 1000. When I start it up, it tells me
that the battery gauge needs to be recalibrated. I have gone through
the whole discharge/recharge process twice following the instructions
carefully, but without any effect. Is there a way to get rid of this
battery gauge recalibration warning? I don't care if my battery gauge
is innacurate, but this thing is irritating and it also means that I
cannot reboot my computer when I am logged on remotely, since somebody
needs to press F1 to bypass battery gauge recalibration.