From: Denny Strauser on
I'm done with my summer residency at Capital Repertory Theatre in
Albany, NY. I loved every minute of work at Cap Rep, but only worked
about 4 hours per day for 10-1/2 weeks. No friends, here, & missed my
cat immensely.

I mixed about 65 shows & learned how to program SFX software. I have my
first experience as theater sound designer, but received no credits in
the two shows I worked. I was a last minute add for both shows. After
the second show, The theater's Artistic Director insisted that the LD &
I step on stage as speeches were made & gifts were given. The LD & I
were presented with roses & bottles of Brandy.

I cannot remember the last employment situation I've had that not one
person was an @$$hole to anyone. Refreshing.

On Friday, I'll take a bus to Syracuse to spend a week & a half working
w/ George Gleason. I'm looking forward to working some unreasonable
hours. DAMN! ... never thought I'd say that ...
And I'm looking forward to working w/ George again.

Then on Aug 24, I'll FINALLY fly home to see my furry Little Buddy for
the first time in 12-1/2 weeks. I cannot wait.

Then, looking for work, once again. I love & HATE this business ....

- Denny

Pages: 1
Prev: Comperssor Help