From: randyhyde@earthlink.net on

JGCASEY wrote:

> So without the directives it would be written
> something like this?
>
> Here:
> invoke GetMessage, ADDR msg, NULL, 0, 0
> cmp eax,0
> jnz ExitLoop
> invoke TrasnlateMessage, ADDR msg
> invoke DispatchMessage, ADDR msg
> jmp Here
> ExitLoop:
>

> Thanks for the post I am starting to get a
> few misconceptions corrected, I think :)

If you want to see the actual code that MASM emits for any of the
HLL-like statements, just use the /EP command line object. This will
produce a "pure" assembly language output file that you can read.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

From: Betov on
"JGCASEY" <jgkjcasey(a)yahoo.com.au> ýcrivait news:1124832062.098222.69180
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Ludwig Hýhne wrote:
>
>> As you are experienced with assembly you might
>> prefer Test Departments Win32 demos written in
>> plain asm and are also available for RosAsm:
>>
>> http://www.rosasm.org/TDtuts.zip
>
> I downloaded the Test Departement Win32 Tutorials
> but I only seem to get the .exe files?

RosAsm is a fully integrated System for PEs Production:

You just run RosAsm and [Open] the exe file. If it is
a RosAsm produced PE, the Source is inside the Exe, in
a Section that Windows cannot read, but that you will
see with RosAsm Sources Editor.

If it is not a RosAsm produced PE, it will, then, propose
you to disassemble it.

With RosAsm a "Project", is, simply, the produced PE, with
everything inside, so that you work with only _one_ single
file. No external Resources, no external Source (unless
you want it...). Just _one_ File. What is a very great
innovation for Assembly Developements, and a great devs
security.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
"randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> ýcrivait

> If you want to see the actual code that MASM emits for any of the
> HLL-like statements, just use the /EP command line object. This will
> produce a "pure" assembly language output file that you can read.

Which is the definitive demonstration that MASM is _NOT_
an Assembler, but, instead, an Assembly Compiler.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: JGCASEY on

randyhyde(a)earthlink.net wrote:
> JGCASEY wrote:
>> So without the directives it would be written
>> something like this?
>
>> Here:
>> invoke GetMessage, ADDR msg, NULL, 0, 0
>> cmp eax,0
>> jnz ExitLoop
>> invoke TrasnlateMessage, ADDR msg
>> invoke DispatchMessage, ADDR msg
>> jmp Here
>> ExitLoop:
>

> If you want to see the actual code that MASM
> emits for any of the HLL-like statements, just
> use the /EP command line object. This will
> produce a "pure" assembly language output file
> that you can read.

Can this be done using the RadAsm IDE?

I have opted to learn how to use it to write
Window assembler programs as it appears to
make it much easier and supports most of
the assemblers on offer.

I have found some good examples of how MASM
translates these HLL-like statements to
"pure" assembler.

Cheers,
John Casey

From: randyhyde@earthlink.net on

Betov wrote:
> "randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> écrivait
>
> > If you want to see the actual code that MASM emits for any of the
> > HLL-like statements, just use the /EP command line object. This will
> > produce a "pure" assembly language output file that you can read.
>

> Which is the definitive demonstration that MASM is _NOT_
> an Assembler, but, instead, an Assembly Compiler.

Right click on "eax=ecx*5+edx/2" in RosAsm and you'll have definitive
proof that RosAsm is a *compiler* and not an assembler. Then again,
just looking at this code should tell you that. Likewise, noticing the
presence of the "PREPARSE" statement in a RosAsm source file
immediately tells you that RosAsm is a PREPARSER, not an assembler. You
don't have to right-click or anything to see that.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6