From: Flasherly on
http://www.behringer.com/EN/images/photos/DEQ2496_fig2_XL.png

Studio grade rack mounted digital signal processor, or one "endowed"
equalizer. Got it up last nite after delivery.

Have it running via a 100W Carver amp's tape loop [A] via XLR to
unbalanced RCA adapters. The hifi aspect is within, although
unmatched to it's ceiling inputs [12-22 dBu], which I'm compensating
for by running a DBX 118 Expander/Compressor through the available
loop [B]. Their routes go either A<>B, so the preamp sector is feed
the computer's Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, AUX, with DBX maxed out
expansion thresholds > DEQ2496 set for it's highest input headroom [22
dBu].

Sounds righteous, as is. I'm just wondering how to get this thing more
in line with the home hifi end of things, and out of its studio
design.

AES/EBU & S/PDIF optical I/O, offhand, be worth considering on a
soundcard upgrade? Short of a mixerboard, wouldn't mind driving the
Behringer input harder, might be nice being able to match its
headroom. I'm close with the DBX going full blast, though not quite
to the yellowing limiting indicators. A budget microphone is another
idea for eventually sitting down to work on its pinknoise oscillator.
Already have one, a Radio Shack mic and another from the replaced
10band ADC, very tiny and directional for working with its spread-
spectrum warbler. May be good enough to get by with a set of Polk
Audio SDA Compact (two silver dome / passive radiator / fieldwidth
passive interconnect feed).

Expect to stay downmixed stereo via the computer, so far as discrete
movie sources, etc. Computer is the only source I use now. No
outside feeds in and rarely watch aired reception.