From: Roger on
Hi,
Is it possible to use in US/South America a network card purchased in UK?
My Belkin F5D7010 ver 1313UK (on a Toshiba Satellite & Windows XP)
worked fine in London but refuses to work in America.
The network seems to be okay since my wife's Macintosh works just fine.
Any idea/workaround?

Thanks
From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
I think that the difference is in the channels. Try to set the card on
channel 6.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: Bernd on

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
> Is it possible to use in US/South America a network card purchased in UK?
> My Belkin F5D7010 ver 1313UK (on a Toshiba Satellite & Windows XP)
> worked fine in London but refuses to work in America.
> The network seems to be okay since my wife's Macintosh works just fine.
> Any idea/workaround?
>
> Thanks

There are different numbers of channels allowed, but that shouldn't
matter, because the channel is selected by the access point.

Did you set the right radio band ("802.11b only" OR "802.11b and
802.11g") in the "Radio Band Control" property in the "Configure tab" of
your "Belkin Wireless Utility" ?

Bernd
From: Roger on
On 12/20/2009 5:41 PM, Bernd wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> Hi,
>> Is it possible to use in US/South America a network card purchased in UK?
>> My Belkin F5D7010 ver 1313UK (on a Toshiba Satellite & Windows XP)
>> worked fine in London but refuses to work in America.
>> The network seems to be okay since my wife's Macintosh works just fine.
>> Any idea/workaround?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> There are different numbers of channels allowed, but that shouldn't
> matter, because the channel is selected by the access point.
>
> Did you set the right radio band ("802.11b only" OR "802.11b and
> 802.11g") in the "Radio Band Control" property in the "Configure tab" of
> your "Belkin Wireless Utility" ?
>
> Bernd

Yes, 802.11b and 802.11g is selected.

From: Roger on
Jack, it's already in channel 6 and tried 11 also. No way, I can't
connect, despite of the fact that it worked fine while in London and the
Mac works just fine.