|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Windows XP Home and XP Pro networked with Windows 7 Pro
WinXP Home and WinXP Pro networked with Windows 7 Pro How to make this work? 2 WinXP home Pc's 1 WinXP Pro PC 1 Windows 7 Pro (acting as server for files and backups) I need them all available on the network which is the easy part. How do I allow only 2 of the PC's (1 XP home & 1 XP Pro) have access to a ce... 3 Jun 2010 22:21
Easy Way to Delete Compstu.DLL
I wrote this guide after I discovered a faster and easier way to delete this file. The guide can be found here: http://www.retro-zone.org/support_pc_windows_compstu.dll.html Ma wrote: compstu.dll 26-Dec-07 Have 2 identical PCs with Win XP Home SP2. One has a file in C:\windows\system32 named compstu... 2 Jun 2010 12:03
problem adding W7 kaaotop to network
I have an existing wired/wireless home network that has three XP desktops. I got a Windows 7 laptop and I'm trying to add that to the network, via wireless. The new laptop connects fine and it sees the rest of the computers. The XP computers don't quite see it. On the new laptop, I told it to share, etc. On ... 1 Jun 2010 17:32
DHCP Client Won't Start
This is a new one on me, and very puzzling. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE chime in. I have a client with a Windows XP Pro, SP3 notebook. A couple of weeks ago, they could no longer connect it to their DHCP server. In trying to find the problem, I did find that it had a root kit, AV killer, which I think I... 1 Jun 2010 13:06
NETWORKING ON XP professional
I setup networking with 2 PCs. A PC user account name is 'RMS00' and the other PC user account name is 'RMS11' with no password. I have no problem to share files between two PCs, but I have to type in user name either RMS00 or RMS11 once at the power up when I want to look the other PC's file. After first file... 3 Jun 2010 06:46
Unable to install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol
Thank you Anders! "anders.tornkvist(a)gmail.com" wrote: On 5 Jan, 17:47, smiler <smi...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have the same problem...no fix so far. "Mack" wrote: Whenever I attempt to install the install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol on WinXP Home SP2 either via... 30 May 2010 19:47
Goodbye!
Hi everyone. Tomorrow is the last day of this group. After years of being here, and thousands of postings it is time to say Goodbye. :D Jack (MS, MVP-Networking). ... 30 May 2010 23:01
Ubuntu 8.10
I just installed ubuntu 8.10 in the windows as an app like it says i can everything seems to be working but i can not connect to the internet or my network in any way. it says connection established to auto ethernet or something like that but i can get internet on my windows part of the computer just not ubunt... 2 Jun 2010 16:31
lost local files saved in offline folder
i have My Documents linked to a network folder. i had hundreds of new files i added to folders that were not synced back to the network, also modified files. i'm on the road on a laptop and haven't had a chance to sync up yet. this morning went to my docs and now all my files that were local are gone!!!! is th... 29 May 2010 15:46
Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 28 May 2010 17:05
Dialup BEFORE Logon
Hi all, XP Pro systems, (SP3+ latest), trying to get them to establish their dialup connections before a user logs on. This is basically so that if a system gets restarted remotely, it'll power up and re-connect via dialup so I can remote back in. Don't ask why it's dialup, I wish it were't :) I've set ... 1 Jun 2010 06:29
CMD command \\IP_Address is not working, \\computerName will b
Thanks for your reply. But Problem still there after "ipconfig /flushdns" any other Idea? "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote: Hi Try to flash the computers local DNS cache. C:\>ipconfig /flushdns Jack (MS, MVP-Networking). "ricky" <ricky(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16AE7BA... 2 Jun 2010 06:34
NetBIOS on multihomed PC
Is it possible to enable NetBIOS queries on all IP addresses of an adapter? By default Windows only broadcasts NetBIOS queries on primary IP address, if multiple are configured on the same interface. I would like to access PC by their names irrespective of their primary IP address, as long as they are on one o... 27 May 2010 17:05
Workstation Service Won't Start -- Error 2
Hi All: Without this service starting the computer is almost useless. No networking, can't install SpywareDoctor, Can't install BelkinEasy Transfer Cable for Windows 7. Can't even look at events. Can't burn CD's. Trying to start the service gives: Could not start the Workstation service on Local Compute... 26 May 2010 23:33
Built in netword card shows up as removable on HP laptop
In my case I found out if I disable the Lan Power Save in Bios the network adapter was then removed from the removable device manager in the task bar. I hope this help someone else out there. gamie62 url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/128411776.aspx ... 25 May 2010 16:53
Excel Files Open Slowly
I work in an office that has 2 subnets. 192.168.112.x and 192.168.113.x. I can open Excel files on a remote server very quickly when i am doing it from a 112 computer. Excel files open very slowly when i am doing it from a 113 computer. When i put a 113 computer on the 112 network, Excel files open very qui... 26 May 2010 11:22
CMD command \\IP_Address is not working, \\computerName will be OK
I got 2 XP Pro. client computers with me now. Both 2 computers have no problem of doing following. 1. Able to Ping computerName or Ping IP_address 2. Able to Connect via CMD command \\computerName Unfortunately, 1 of these computers can't connect to server CMD command \\IP_Address. Any inputs will highly... 29 May 2010 11:23
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11