First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
PPPoE performance in Windows XP
Hi, I use PPPoE client to connect to PPPoE server (BRAS) via 1GE link. When I use build-in PPPoE client (standard Windows client) I have max 50Mbps speed. Why ? I have also tested PPPoE using WinPoet client under XP and I have achieved about 300Mbps. On Linux I have 930Mbps. My laptop has 1GE network inter... 29 Apr 2010 03:31
What helped me
I was having similar errors in my development network when perfoming automated scheduled backups that ran overnight. Event Type: Warning Event Source: MRxSmb Event ID: 50 Description: {Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Deveice\LanManRedirector. The data has been lost. Th... 27 Apr 2010 12:13
Any recommendations for a router/hub/ap that does NetBEUI?
On Apr 23, 6:13 pm, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMa...(a)invalid.com> wrote: "ToddAndMargo" <ToddAndMa...(a)invalid.com> wrote in message news:%23IfkFgj4KHA.4156(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... Hi All, Anyone have any recommendations for a router/switching hub/Access Point that will allow NetBEUI between a wi... 27 Apr 2010 11:03
error message "Problem Applying Profile"
can anyone help with this error am creating a new profile on Sony Laptop windows XP pro and all set up is appernetly correct but when connection is attempted this error message apperas and will not connect ... 27 Apr 2010 03:14
remote access connection manager won't start
Hi all, I use windows xp sp3. Recently an uninstall of symantec endpoint protection broke my OS, so I had to do a windows repair. The cd I had, however, was windows xp service pack 2, so when I installed it I was partially reverted back to sp2 until I reinstalled sp3. Since then, the remote access connection manager se... 26 Apr 2010 00:28
Print jobs don't get into queue when print server is offline
I have an old Sony VAIO (running Win XP) that I am using a print server. The VAIO is connected to a HP PSC. The VAIO is on a wireless network along with two other laptops. One laptop is running Win XP and the other is running Vista. Everything was working fine as far as printing went until I reinstalled the OS... 25 Apr 2010 11:02
How to change LAN settings in windows XP?
I just formatted my C drive due to virus. After installing windows, when it asks the type of connection i'll be using I gave DSL/Cable by mistake, instead of LAN. Is there anyway to change it now, without re-installing Windows again? Please help! thanks in advance! ... 23 Apr 2010 07:38
Any recommendations for a router/hub/ap that does NetBEUI?
Hi All, Anyone have any recommendations for a router/switching hub/Access Point that will allow NetBEUI between a wired computer and a wireless laptop? All computers are XP-Pro-SP3. Many thanks, -T p.s. I am specifically using NetBEUI, as it won't route to the Internet. I have NetBIOS, which does route, t... 23 Apr 2010 13:55
file sharing between desktop using XP and netbook using windows7
litaben wrote: i have desktop that networks my computer running XP with another xp notebook. Trying to network another netbook running windows 7 startup. To file share windows 7 asks to select a homegroup. However, windows 7 indicates that my xp computers have no "Homegroup." What am I missing on my XP d... 19 Apr 2010 11:34
file sharing between desktop using XP and netbook using windows 7
i have desktop that networks my computer running XP with another xp notebook. Trying to network another netbook running windows 7 startup. To file share windows 7 asks to select a homegroup. However, windows 7 indicates that my xp computers have no "Homegroup." What am I missing on my XP desktop? ... 19 Apr 2010 17:48