First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Lose Internet Connection when making IP static
Hello! My question is in regards to my laptop which runs Windows XP SP3, has a NIC called Intel PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection and has the latest drivers/windows updates. We have several computers in the house that are all hard-wired through a switch without the use of a router. I've researched methods on changi... 16 Feb 2010 22:55
Massive network slowdown after 02/09/2010 updates
Hi All, After the 02/09/2010 updates went on, I am getting calls from customers complaining about massive slowdowns. From my initial research, I have found that if I copy a file they are having trouble opening on the network to their desktop, the slowdown vanishes. The slowdown only occurs when trying to op... 15 Feb 2010 15:30
Unwanted ICS services showing up, system disappears
My home network consists of 2 XP Pro SP3 desktops (D06 and D07)and a XP Home SP3 with a dlink router, a verizon dsl line, all hardwired with CAT5 wiring. After several years of having a successful network, sharing a printer and files, about 2 weeks ago the shared printer went off line to one of the desktops an... 13 Feb 2010 16:05
port forwarding question
I have port forwarded several applications on my PC, which is connected by wire to the router. The PC has a static internal IP address. With my notebook I always log in thru wifi. Now I recently installed Skype on the notebook and I had to forward a port for this. Does this mean that I have to give the noteboo... 13 Feb 2010 11:33
Network stopped working after windows update!
Hello: I am desperate. I was working normally and windows update installed something that screw down my network. I don't know exactly what it installed, it was a large list, and an error occurred in the midway. The problem is not the hardware: this message is written with the same computer, but running my alw... 11 Feb 2010 01:46
EAP type menu: PEAP disappear
I use wireless in my company, need to choice EAP/PEAP type. But my menu just show one type "smart card or other certificate authentication". I check other laptops, they have "PEAP". Pls help~ ... 11 Feb 2010 00:41
Extremely slow logon via VPN
I have several WinXP Pro stations in the following network topology: All are part of a Windows 2003 SBS domain. Corporate office has five computers and Windows 2003 SBS DC. Remote office has one computer. Remote office is connected to corporate office by a hardware VPN (Netgear FVS318 on a Comcast Internet conn... 17 Feb 2010 09:59
Connection problems and error on close IE
You could try using sfc, specifically from the recovery console. Its obvious that one of the required dll file is missing or corrupt, so your best bet would be to use System File Checker if you wish to avoid a complete reinstall of Windows to get the problem fixed. This is because despite the version of Windows... 10 Feb 2010 03:25
Wins XP Desktop PC - wired network cannot access Internet or MSN L
Hi, My HP Desktop PC running Wins XP got both wired network card, and wireless network able to connect Internet via Belkin N1 Router with auto DHCP IP address assigned. Problem now encountered with the wired network not able to connect Internet, seemed locked up by unknown? I got to disable the wired network c... 10 Feb 2010 12:17
File Synchronization - Synchronizes UNCHANGED Files
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization... 12 Feb 2010 08:57