First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Can access websites with IE7
Hello, I hit a Faceback webpage and believe that somehow I picked up some Malware. now, I can't seem to access the Internet via IE. When I click on the IE link to run Diagnostics, the errors point to Winsock and say that I'm not getting or processing HTTP/S, and FTP traffic. I can ping URL's and IP addresse... 23 Jan 2010 17:43
Which SSH key types (RSA,DSA,1024,2048,...) recommended/most widely used?
When I generate SSH keys then a couple of different types are possible, e.g. SSH-1-RSA 2048 SSH-2 RSA 2048 SSH-2 DSA 1024 If I have to select (only) one of them: Which is the recommended type? Which is the most used (for Solaris/Linux target SSH server/computer)? Peter ... 22 Jan 2010 07:18
Possible to setup a SSH port forwarding only (!) in background without showing a Terminal window?
Whenever I start a SSH port forwarding session with either Windows based Putty or linux based OpenSSH an additional SSH terminal window is created and shown. Is there a way to created just a background port forwarding session WITHOUT such a ssh terminal window in foreground? Peter ... 21 Jan 2010 06:44
Extremely slow remote domain logon
There is a rather extreme difference in logon time at a workstation when comparing domain admin logon and domain user logon. Windows 2003 SBS Windows XP Pro client Network 1. There is a LAN in the office housing the SBS domain controller. 2. There is a router-to-router hardware VPN between this office and a re... 21 Jan 2010 00:13
using a Ethernet connection as a input to Ethernet switch to be able to connect many machines to network
We have a fiber port in our office. A single mode fiber cable's one end connected to that port and another to a fiber ethernet media converter like http://www.amazon.com/Allied-Telesyn-AT-MC102XL-Ethernet-Converter/dp/B00006RVVT/ref=sr_1_1/191-8057023-3285158?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264029691&sr=8-1. To that fib... 20 Jan 2010 23:03
Show all domains
I work for 2 different companies and I use a laptop, with Windows XP Pro, at both. Each company has their own domain (ie. FIRST and SECOND) and I am a user on each domain. When I log into the laptop each day under the "Log on to" dropdown, only the last DOMAIN I was logged into shows. The only way I know to... 19 Jan 2010 22:34
Ethernet Hub question
I am wondering if it acceptable to put a hub between the router and computer. I have a desktop that is hardwired from the router but am unable to run another Cat5 line but, can I put the hub between the desktop and laptop? Thanks in advance, John ... 18 Jan 2010 17:42
Windows Shares
I have a windows XP Professional workstation running in a SBS2003 R2 environment. How can I hide shares on the workstation from the browser unless access directly i.e. //computer/share? Thanks theredfox ... 18 Jan 2010 13:11
Data errors on HP Mydrive NAS
I have a strange issue with a HP Mydrive "World edition" connected to ethernet. Files copied to this drive sometimes get corrupted, in a very specific pattern. We cannot reproduce this corruption with smaller files, less than 2 MB, but with files > 20 MB it occurs in 80% of copies. I copy the files by drag ... 22 Jan 2010 19:45
PC Can Be Found on Network, But Not Listed
I am still hoping to find some information on an annoying but not life-threatening issue with my home network. Specifically, I run a bit torrent client on one of the XP Pro (SP3) PC's on my home network...when it is running, that PC drops off the list of PC's shown on the "Network" folder in Windows Explorer, ... 18 Jan 2010 23:16