First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Remote Control of Windows XP Desktop from a Linux machine?
I have two computers on a LAN: Computer 1 runs Windows XP Home. Computer 2 runs Linux. I want to remotely control the desktop on the Windows machine from the Linux machine. Once the relevant software is installed, there will be no Internet access from the LAN; that is, the remote control must no... 19 Nov 2009 15:14
WBAdmin and Shared Folder
Hello! I�m trying to backup my Windows 7 using build in CompletePCBackup. As it is not possible to store the image to a network drive (e.g. Z:) or the path behind the network drive \\server\share while using the GUI, i have to use the command-line: wbadmin start backup -backuptarget:\\server\share -user:userna... 13 Nov 2009 13:19
Lost shares on XP Peer
after working for months, our XP Peer group 'server' (8 PCs in the network) stops sharing files. The PC is no longer in the network Neighborhood. If I look at the shared folders on the PC itself, the 'sharing hand' has vanished from each shared folder. A reboot cures the condition, which happens several times... 12 Nov 2009 16:16
newbie networking help
I have a PC running Windows XP SP3. It has two ethernet ports. One connects via an asoka pluglink 9650 via the house electrical lines to my comcast access point. I wan to set up a separate network via the second ethernet. When I hook up my Dlink router to that second port though, if I type the router's default addr... 13 Nov 2009 17:47
31 Hosting Web www.ivys.es
Hosting Web www.Ivys.es Hosting Web www.Ivys.es Hosting Web www.Ivys.es Hosting Web www.Ivys.es Hosting Web www.Ivys.es Hosting Web www.Ivys.es Hosting Web www.Ivys.es Hosting Web www.Ivys.es Hosting Linux Web www.ivys.es Hosting Linux Web www.ivys.es Hosting Linux Web www.ivys.es Hosting Linux Web www.ivys.es Hosting ... 4 Nov 2009 08:37
Restricting internet access
Hello, I have a PC which has two user accounts; Mom&Dad & thekids. How can I allow mom&dad access to the internet, while stopping access for thekids? Thanks Fred ... 3 Nov 2009 19:23
Remote Desktop
Hi, I am trying to login to a computer with Remote Desktop on a domain and have used TweakUI to enter in the username and domain to automatically login but when I login it defaults to the log on to local computer name (this computer) so I need to change the log on to, to the domain name and enter the password ... 2 Nov 2009 02:30
Video Call with Audio/Video problems
A Lady friend and I have recently experienced problems during Video calls. They are coming in with garbled audio & with choppy/ freezing videos. This all started about 2 month ago. Prior to that we NEVER had a problem. What is causing this problem? Here are some quick facts. I'm using a desktop system (Home XP... 3 Nov 2009 17:08
Share DVD drive?
I have a laptop that I don't have a cd/dvd drive for. I want to rip some DVDs to it for some traveling I'm doing, so I downloaded WinX Platinum DVD Ripper, but while it shows the files in the folder on the drive, it doesn't play the video and says it can't find the drive. Is this possible to do? I mapped the drive ... 1 Nov 2009 18:48
remote desktop setup pppoe
I am trying to set up a remote desktop connection to one of my customers in order to do some database mods. His internet connect is PPPOE using a Dlink WB1310 router. The workstation that I am trying to access has XP Pro I have never been able to get remote desktop to work with out a static public IP addre... 27 Oct 2009 18:10
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last