First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
internet connection lost after ten minutes online
Hello Group: After two days of work, I'm ready to ask for help! The Problem: Internet connection gets dropped without warning after about 10 minutes, even in the middle of a download. I can still ping websites from cmd prompt, but I can't get back on line with IE or Firefox unless I reboot. (It's my son's ... 1 Dec 2008 08:38
Lost connection to Internet
Hello, After turning on computer there is not connection to Internet, and I do not know what else I can do to restore it. 1. There is a connection to Internet in the Virtual PC guest (Windows XP). Only host (also Windows XP) lost the connection. 2. I restored host Windows XP to the earlier date and tha... 17 Nov 2008 21:12
Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been di
Problem is :=It is saying you're working offline "Pavel A." wrote: So what is the problem? --PA Sam Wishka wrote: Hi, I m receiving this warning in system event log on my windows xp PC and it is saying that Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been ... 17 Nov 2008 11:34
Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been discon
Hi, I m receiving this warning in system event log on my windows xp PC and it is saying that Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected. Event Type: Warning Event Source: e1express Event Category: None Event ID: 27 Date: 17-11-2008 Time: 9:47:02 User: N/A Computer: WS-... 17 Nov 2008 11:34
Configuring WinXP as Gateway router
Steve, I've run into a similar problem (quoting your article): WARNING #1: When you enable ICS, the network adapter connected to the local area network is assigned a static IP address of 192.168.0.1. The client computers are assigned other IP addresses in the 192.168.0.x range. These addresses may not be co... 28 Nov 2008 07:41
Networking
i have 4 windows xp computers and 1 hp laserjet 4000 series printer. the network was working fine before but the printer lost the network and i was not able to connect. now i have connected the parallel cable to pc 1 and shared the printer, pc 2 can print to the shared printer but pc3 and pc4 cannot find the p... 17 Sep 2008 11:25
Bad entry in Network Connections
Hello, I believe I have a bad entry in Network Connections. This entry is left over from a wireless network card which I have since removed. When I attempt to disable the entry, I get the message .... "It is not possible to disconnect at this time. The connection is currently busy with a connect or disco... 17 Aug 2008 23:18
domain not visible some time after system start
Hi, we have a small network with a NT domain. A XP Home SP2 computer - it was not my decision to put a Home edition on the network - has to access a shared printer on another PC. All other computers can access the shared printer on this PC so that I think that the only problem is this XP home computer. The ... 15 Apr 2008 03:20
Networking process causes continuous hard drive activity
I don't know is this info below is usable - I got from the Sysinternals Process Monitor. Sometimes it continues for hours. I saw my Hard drive constantly be used and tried this Process Monitor to figure it out - to hopefully stop it. But it's beyond my knowledge. You can see it repeats itself... Does anyone know... 17 Apr 2008 07:31
Access Denied, XP pro, SP2 5 machnes , Simple File and Printer Share
Like Ron, several posts back, We have been running 5 machines on XP for 4 years with no problems. Then, all of a sudden last Fri afternoon the other 4 machines could not print to a dot matrix printer located on Problem XP. This printer is set up on LPT2 and everyone else redirects the output of their machine to... 8 Apr 2008 05:55