First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Can't Install Peer-to-Peer Networking Component On XP Home Edition
I've seen the solution to this before but can't seem to track it down now. When trying to install the Peer-to-Peer component under Networking Services in Add/Remove Windows Components I get the following error message: "An error occurred which prevented the Peer-to-Peer component from being installed or removed... 19 Nov 2009 09:28
Huge lease time on IP
Hello When doing ipconfig /all - i get result the ip lease expires time is very long. It's set to 17 years. According the mobile operator, there might be something wrong on my computer. Do i need some hotfix or how to solve this issue? Same situation on XP HOME and XP PRO. I tried re-connecting several t... 18 Nov 2009 16:53
lost ability to share files
I have a Dell desktop with Windows XP MSE SP3 wired to a Linksys router. I have a sony laptop with XP Home SP3 and a Dell laptop with VistaHome Premium SP2 (soon to be switched to Windows 7). All computers can access the internet (cable modem connected to the router) and I can print from the laptops to the prin... 19 Nov 2009 00:42
Cross domain map network drive across VPN
When my domain laptop is connected directly to the company domain network, I can map a network server using just its name and omitting the domain suffix. By this I mean that I and enter \\server1 instead of the fully qualified \\server1.company.com. But when I work using the same laptop from my home workgroup n... 18 Nov 2009 12:22
XP - Ping one way but not other?
Hi, I have 2 Computers - Laptop (A) and PC (B). "A" is running XP Pro (SP3) with a belkin wireless adaptor (connected to router). "B" is running XP Home (SP3) with a cable connection to a belkin wireless router. Right........ PC "B" can ping the router and Laptop "A". Laptop "A" can ping the router bu... 17 Nov 2009 18:37
Huge lease expires time
Hello Only obscurity i could see on ipconfig /all - is that the ip lease expires time is very long. It's set to 17 years. According the mobile operator, there might be something wrong on my computer. Do i need some hotfix or how to solve this issue? I tried re-connecting several times. I get different IP, ... 17 Nov 2009 03:58
TermDD Event ID 50
I have just noticed about 50 of these entries in my event viewer from yesterday: TermDD Event ID 50, The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client. This is on a WinXP workstation that is part of a very small network. This is my office pc that I c... 16 Nov 2009 10:10
Something wrong with XP HOME networking?
Hello We have some XP HOME edition pc's that have trouble with network connections. XP PRO machines might be without problems. When using usb modem (appears as wireless connection in network panel) the connection seems to break-up somehow, and it won't even ping servers. Is there a known hotfix that applie... 16 Nov 2009 20:18
DNS order in XP on a VPN connection (not using VPN DNS servers
Hi Bob, When doing IPCONFIG /ALL computers list their local nic with local DNS servers and the VPN adapter with the proper DNS servers for the work network. However if I do an NSLOOKUP, the computer will look at the ISP DNS server.. BUT if from the command line I ping a work server by name, it resolves the na... 15 Nov 2009 16:44
Can't undelete files deleted by LAN share
It often happens to me that when I try to undelete certain files that I removed from another computer on the local network, the unedelte software does not find them, except maybe a couple of times out of ten. I tried several free and commencial (mostly demos) applications like Recuva, Active(a)Undelete, Glary Utiliti... 21 Nov 2009 05:59