From: Poppe on
Hello

We have some XP HOME edition pc's that have trouble with network
connections. XP PRO machines might be without problems.

When using usb modem (appears as wireless connection in network panel) the
connection seems to break-up somehow, and it won't even ping servers.

Is there a known hotfix that applies to XP HOME edition, that is related to
networking, or wireless connections?

From: Bob Lin (MS-MVP) on
Posting the result of ipconfig may help.

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
I have a suspicion that your computer is using a Wireless USB card (not a
Modem).
If it is regular Wireless USB, maybe this can Help,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Wireless config - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
Otherwise, you have to be very specific about the nature of you Internet
connection, and post the model number of the USB device too.
Hotfixes are geared toward specific problems and are not a "magic" cure to
any unknown problem.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)