First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
All ports blocked even though Windows Firewall is turned off
Hi, This happened recently, all the ports on my Thinkpad (running Windows XP SP3 with latest patches) are blocked somehow, I couldn't telnet to this box from another machine in LAN on any open port (80, 445, etc). I can confirm the ports are open by telnet to 127.0.0.1 locally. Windows Firewall is turned off... 2 Feb 2010 17:40
vpn
VPN error: IPX/SPX or compatible CP reported error 733 how i fix this probleb. pls inform me Ole wrote: VPN error: IPX/SPX or compatible CP reported error 733 11-Dec-06 I have set up my router for pptp passthrough, opened the required ports, and created a vpn-server on my machine using windows X... 2 Feb 2010 17:40
can't get net
I have a pc with xp pro and the onboard ethernet card is a Yukon but I cant get the net. I have tried my wireless adapter and still nothing. Both of them can see my wireless router do I have to give the pc a IP of 192.168.2.xxxx if so how do I do that ? Thanks. ... 2 Feb 2010 17:40
Windows shares broken after uninstall of firewall. TCP Stack r
If you are trying to access the shares with "Network Places" then be aware that this is seldom reliable anyway. "LURKER" wrote: Hi again, Thanks for those links. Those are really useful for those just getting into making network connections. I think I am a little beyond the basics but definitely over... 2 Feb 2010 17:40
Suggestions welcome for file transfer problem
Hi -- I have a Windows XP Pro PC (SP3) in an office in Central America that needs to send about 400 MB of files a day (night) to a SBS 2003 SP2 (or Server 2003 R2 SP2) server in Miami. The Miami office has a simple T1 for data communications; I'm not sure exactly what is connecting the Central American offic... 3 Feb 2010 15:10
VPN Server does not allow multple VPN connection
Environment --------------- Windows XP Pro SP3 Set up a VPN Server using the Windows XP built-in VPN Server software VPN Client ------------ Windows XP Home, Windows Vista Use the built-in VPN Client Issue ------ Using a PC, connect to the VPN Server and network - OK. With the first VPN still active, u... 10 Feb 2010 13:26
Windows shares broken after uninstall of firewall. TCP Stack reset no help.
Hi Make sure that the network works, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html If needed use this process, http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet When every thing checks OK redo the share. Jack (MS, MVP-Networking). "LURKER" <feelingdumb(a)nowhere.net> wrote in message news:ONzfeHHoKHA.4436(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... ... 2 Feb 2010 17:39
Windows shares broken after uninstall of firewall. TCP Stack resetno help.
Network shares are broken after uninstall of a firewall. I performed the TCP Stack reset (LSPFix). Still broken network. I am now testing with no antivirus and Windows firewall turned off as I try to debug. My network shares are still "not found" by my other home computers. Environmnt: Home network with... 2 Feb 2010 17:39
2 connection icons?
I have 2 icons appearing in the lower right. One says "internet connection", one says "local area connection". When on the internet it always defaults to the internect connection at 10 Mbps, and internet traffic seems to be slow. However, I can not use the Local area connection at 100 Mbps. Both of these i... 2 Feb 2010 23:39
Share printer with Win7-64
I have an HP laser jet connected via USB to a Win7-64 computer. I want to print to this computer from a 32 bit XP machine on the network. The XP printer sees the Win7 printer but rejects every driver known to HP, including the HP printer drivers that are already on the XP machine which at one time was used to pri... 25 Jan 2010 21:52