From: wassi on
VPN error: IPX/SPX or compatible CP reported error 733
how i fix this probleb. pls inform me

Ole wrote:

VPN error: IPX/SPX or compatible CP reported error 733
11-Dec-06

I have set up my router for pptp passthrough, opened the required ports, and
created a vpn-server on my machine using windows XP(SP2). I have also set up
a vpn-client using Windows XP, and when i try to connect, i CAN get connected
if i want to, and everything seems to work. However, upon connecting, I get
an error:

"TPC/IP CP connected successfully. IPX/SPX or compatible CP reported error
733: A connection to the remote computer could not be completed."

In other words, it seems that I can't get the IPX/SPX protocol to work
through my VPN PPTP connection.
How to fix this?

On Monday, December 11, 2006 6:37 AM
Ole wrote:

VPN error: IPX/SPX or compatible CP reported error 733
I have set up my router for pptp passthrough, opened the required ports, and
created a vpn-server on my machine using windows XP(SP2). I have also set up
a vpn-client using Windows XP, and when i try to connect, i CAN get connected
if i want to, and everything seems to work. However, upon connecting, I get
an error:

"TPC/IP CP connected successfully. IPX/SPX or compatible CP reported error
733: A connection to the remote computer could not be completed."

In other words, it seems that I can't get the IPX/SPX protocol to work
through my VPN PPTP connection.
How to fix this?

Active State VisualXSLT for .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1f0ed9ab-7a35-4be0-926e-12a17abee0d3/active-state-visualxslt-f.aspx
From: Bob Lin (MS-MVP) on
You may want to uninstall IPX/SPX. In Network Connections, right-click on
the VPN and select properties.. Find IPX/SPX in the list in the window you
see and hit the uninstall button.

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net