From: to jimmy s on
I have a pc with xp pro and the onboard ethernet card is a Yukon but I cant
get the net. I have tried my wireless adapter and still nothing. Both of them
can see my wireless router do I have to give the pc a IP of 192.168.2.xxxx if
so how do I do that ?
Thanks.
From: Lem on
to jimmy s wrote:
> I have a pc with xp pro and the onboard ethernet card is a Yukon but I cant
> get the net. I have tried my wireless adapter and still nothing. Both of them
> can see my wireless router do I have to give the pc a IP of 192.168.2.xxxx if
> so how do I do that ?
> Thanks.

For all we can tell, your router isn't even connected to the Internet.
You need to supply more information. Start with the following:

- do you get any error message when you connect your computer to your
router with an Ethernet cable? Please post it *in full*
- do you get any error message when you try to connect using your
wireless adapter? Please post it *in full*
- what is the make *and* model of your router?
- what is the make *and* model of your wireless adapter?
- how is your router connected to the Internet?
- do you have any other computer(s) connected to the router? wired or
wireless? can the other computer(s) connect to the Internet? If not,
what makes you think that the router is connected?
- why do you think you might have to assign this computer an IP address
of 192.168.2.x?

Do this on *each* PC connected to your router:
1. Click Start / Run
2. Type the three letters cmd
3. Click OK
4. In the Command Prompt window that opens, type the following commands
and press the Enter key after each of them:
set comp > c:\test.txt
ipconfig /all >> c:\test.txt
notepad c:\test.txt
5. Paste the contents of the result from *each* PC into your reply.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: to jimmy s on
The info on config all gave me the info to set it up manualy and it all works
great thanks to you.
Thanks again