First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
German government warns against using MS Explorer
Now this must be the news of 2010 After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs, IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems. Either M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is completely rubbish. Either way we should start taking instructions from the ... 17 Jan 2010 04:04
LAN not working
I thought that I had made this posting several days ago but I cannot find it now. Dunno what happened to it. I have two PCs and both use Windows XP Professional SP3 on PC1 and SP2 on PC2. After I setup the LAN on both machines, PC1 recognizes PC2 but PC2 does not recognize PC1 even tho both have the same workgro... 17 Jan 2010 12:49
How do I create a home network b/w a Vista PC and a Windows 7PC?
davey1108 wrote: We'd like to be able to access files and print from both PCs. Is there a tutorial (preferably official) on how to do so when we're dealing with 2 different OS? Don't use "Homegroup." That's for networks where *all* computers are Win 7. See if this helps: http://windows.microsoft.co... 14 Jan 2010 14:42
remote desktop setup pppoe
Thanks for the info - I figured that might be the case. "Jack [MVP-Networking]" wrote: Hi The public IP has to be known to you and it does not matter if it is static or not, as long as you know what the current IP. Means to deal with dynamic WAN IP here, http://www.ezlan.net/myip.html If the comput... 14 Jan 2010 12:27
How do I create a home network b/w a Vista PC and a Windows 7 PC?
We'd like to be able to access files and print from both PCs. Is there a tutorial (preferably official) on how to do so when we're dealing with 2 different OS? ... 14 Jan 2010 14:42
How Administrator can allow user to share and use a program
I am running windows Xp Pack 3 as administrator. But I also use another user account because I dont want to be on the internet as an administrator for security reasons. Under my user account I sometimes cannot download and install programs so I download under the administrator account, but I can't use these pro... 13 Jan 2010 14:22
New error Please HELP ME
All of a sudden I get this Event Type: Error Event Source: NETLOGON Event Category: None Event ID: 5719 Date: 1/12/2010 Time: 11:45:33 PM User: N/A Computer: TGKW001 Description: No Domain Controller is available for domain OUR due to the following: There are currently no logon servers available to serv... 14 Jan 2010 00:24
UDP/TCP
Hi I have a laptop XP Pro SP3 the wireless wont connect and wired ethernet gets an IP address and can send brodcast packets but it cant ping or browse the web. I believe UDP to be working but TCP fails Would a corrupt TCP stack be causing this and how do I rebuild it or does anyone have any others ideas ... 13 Jan 2010 06:33
interesting perhaps?
Simple Port Forwarding v.2.7.5 http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/simple-port-forwarding Any good / bad experiences with this free app? -- regards, |\ /| | \/ |@rk \../ \/os ... 15 Jan 2010 09:22
How to print to several printers at once?
My amateur radio group will be working in an Emergency Operations Center for an emergency exercise on Wed. The EOC has asked us to print incoming messages we transcribe from radio to multiple printers on their (Server 2003) LAN. Is there a way to automate printing so when we print to one printer queue, the job is ... 11 Jan 2010 18:47